This forum is an ongoing brainstorming on reaching out to the gaming communities about Descent Underground.
While pages 1-19 reflect our work during the kickstarter, this discussion continues to evolve and expand now that our game has a "green light."
If you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions, please add them to this discussion.
I promise that backers, moderators, and developers are listening and proactive in responding!
Thanks and See You In The 'Verse!
[THE FOLLOWING TEXT WAS FROM THE INITIAL FIRST POST DURING THE BEGINNING OF THE KICKSTARTER]
I have a concern that the reachout for backers may be stalling. We need to cast a wide net to get the word out.
I think that our efforts in some venues, such as the Star Citizen community, has been very productive.
However, there are other venues, bloggers, review sites, etc. that would be interested, but do not yet know about this endeavor.
Let's use this discussion for people to list where they have reached out and what additional venues they would suggest for future posts/messages.
I've reached out on:
- Postings - Star Citizen Forum (Subscriber Den)
- Postings - Wing Commander Combat Information Center Forums (General Wing Commander Chat) http://www.wcnews.co...ced-game.27783/
- Twitter - "#Descent: Underground is popular @Kickstarter! http://kck.st/1BtKgYC #PCGaming @PCGamesN @Steam_Games @PCGamer @GamesBeat #ClassicGames"
- Twitter - "#Descent: Underground is popular @Kickstarter! http://kck.st/1BtKgYC #PCGaming #Entrepreneurship #StarCitizen #WingCommander #Kickstarter"
I would suggest that we reach out to:
- Game Bloggers/Reviewers (Not necessarily the established media)
- Sci-Fi Bloggers
- Emulator / Classic Gaming Sites
How about you???