Photo

The Genesis of the Pyro - to add or not to add - that is the question.

Descent Star Citizen Wingmans hangar Descent Underground

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Pyro - now or later (289 member(s) have cast votes)

Pyro - add it or not - and how to add it?

1. Exclusive $100 Pyro only - probably the best for supporting development (20 votes [6.92%])

Percentage of vote: 6.92%

2. Make it an add on - $30 added to any pledge with a note saying I want the pyro (59 votes [20.42%])

Percentage of vote: 20.42%

3. Make it a Stretch Goal - to be added later (191 votes [66.09%])

Percentage of vote: 66.09%

4. Not right now (19 votes [6.57%])

Percentage of vote: 6.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,932 posts
  • United States

We have had a ton of requests for the Iconic Pyro-GX ship in our game - but being a prequel, we were planning to show the BIRTH of the 1st iteration of the Pyro - in the single player portion of the game.

However, tons and I mean TONS of people have emailed us asking for it, so we are thinking of adding it earlier as an add on opportunity with an exclusive campaign version - only available during the campaign - and it would be the genesis of that iconic ships line.

However, we want to know how everyone feels about adding it now, or waiting until later, so we are going to have a poll and let you guys decide.

We promised open development and we are committed to making that happen, so Descendents, vote, and let us know your thoughts, and we the team will honor your decision.

Xyphon

Xyphon
  • ModeratorMod
  • 321 posts
x2
x2
x2
x2
I say make it a stretchgoal and available as a addon when unlocked

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue

Deathstroke

Deathstroke
  • 8 posts

Agreed.

Fineus

Fineus
  • Backer
  • 30 posts

$100 is too much – IMO – for a digital space ship given this kind of gameplay. It’s a Descent title. You don’t hold back the iconic spaceship of the series just to make a buck (think of holding back the X-Wing in an X-Wing game!)

*That said* as a crowd funded game I’d be prepared to pay $30 as an add on to further support development and as a thank you to the developers for appreciating that the community does really care about seeing the Pyro back in the game again. They don’t have to go that route… they could make zero reference to the original Descent universe and not have to worry about adhering to the style.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and really like the idea of the player…

• Finding the Pyro in some base or another – either a prototype or the very first production model – to be taken and used.

• Being a test pilot for the first generations of Pyro’s when things start to go wrong – or perhaps the precursor is already deployed as a widely used attract craft and as we progress through things the PTMC or whoever builds these things starts to modify yours and starts referring to ‘this ship is barely recognizable, we’re going to have to commit some of these updates to the next ship revision…’ which of course you then fly.

• If they really want to go down the corporations route – perhaps you even steal plans to the prototype from a rival corp.

AC_Black

AC_Black
  • Backer
  • 321 posts
  • Canada

THIS ^-^

Posted ImageHonor is the Only Thing to Hold True

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,700 posts
  • United States
x2

I would pay/pledge $30 to get it right from the get-go.

It is the "iconic" ship of the series, and most folks that I have talked to want to fly one.  Hell.. I really want to fly one.

So, please Eric, give us the PyroGX for launch.

-Tracy,  Founder, The Tunnel Rats

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

kidfusion3000

kidfusion3000
  • Backer
  • 14 posts

I think keeping the pyro in the single player version is the right idea. something so iconic shouldn't be commonplace. 

Earthshaker: for when you need to kill absolutely everything right now.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,932 posts
  • United States

We will close this post on Monday  March 14th.....

WM

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,932 posts
  • United States

I would pay/pledge $30 to get it right from the get-go.

It is the "iconic" ship of the series, and most folks that I have talked to want to fly one.  Hell.. I really want to fly one.

So, please Eric, give us the PyroGX for launch.

Void that is up to you guys now - spread the word, get your friends to vote - we want you guys to make that call.

WM

etheras

etheras
  • Backer
  • 66 posts
  • United States

I like the +$100 . Stretchgoals seem like counting chickens. Lets shatter that funding goal first.

GunnyWPI1999

GunnyWPI1999
  • Backer
  • 184 posts
  • United States

$100 for a Pyro is too much like Star Citizen. :P

$30 as an add on to a pledge would allow more people to sign up.

Posted Image

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,700 posts
  • United States
x2

[dev]

Void that is up to you guys now - spread the word, get your friends to vote - we want you guys to make that call.

WM

[/dev]

I will for sure!

-Tracy,  Founder, The Tunnel Rats

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

AggressorPrime

AggressorPrime
  • Underground
  • 6 posts

I voted for the Stretch Goal since I think everyone should be able to fly a Pyro-GX (the full version, not just a drone) without having to buy one in addition to buying Descent. It is the iconic ship of Descent and deserves more than just a place in single player. Let us see it in multiplayer. If any ship deserves the developer's attention, it is this one.

GeekByte

GeekByte
  • Backer
  • 2 posts

Stretch Goal would be the best option imho.

Don't hide it behind a pay barrier as it could turn away potential players/backers.

LotharBot

LotharBot
  • Advisory Board
  • 1,407 posts
  • United States

I like the idea of the pyro (maybe the pyro-G, or even an earlier series like the Pyro-C -- not the deluxe version of the GX) being a campaign-available ship for everyone.  Then maybe make it a stretch goal to add it to multiplayer.

Come play original Descent! Full version setup instructions or Shareware unzip-and-play
Voice chat on Descent Rangers Mumble server address mumble.descentrangers.com port 31393

Goznik

Goznik
  • Backer
  • 197 posts
  • Israel

Where is the only right answer?

YES include it for FREE...

I already paid 80$ I need to pay an extra 30$ or 100$ for a ship model?

If you want I can model it for you for free. Just like in the D2 videos.

Dont get too greedy,

Next time you'll ask more money for adding the shield booster?

Fineus

Fineus
  • Backer
  • 30 posts

I already paid 80$ I need to pay an extra 30$ or 100$ for a ship model?

Be fair, not everyone paid that price. It's down to what you feel is fair and whether you feel well compensated for that. I paid $30 and would gladly double that to get the Pyro GX in the game.

I do feel $100 just for the one ship is pushing it. 

The reason people might play that in Star Citizen is that it features a persistant universe and you ship becomes your home - of sorts. What you do with it matters and carries on.

In this title it doesn't seem to matter as much. It's just *a* ship, not *your* ship.

VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR
  • Backer
  • 116 posts

voted stretch goal.....  I like anything with motivation to get people to increase their pledge.  :)

Posted Image

tron

tron
  • Underground
  • 256 posts
  • United States
x24
x2

^ Yup went that as well, focus on increasing the pledges.

DU+Sig500.jpg

JazAero

JazAero
  • Backer
  • 73 posts
  • United States
I say anything that brings in more people and thus more funding is worth taking a look at.  The ship is the iconic ship from the series and perhaps would do much to sway the hard-core descent players who are taking a backseat.  As far as pricing goes, I actually have to agree with the poster who compared ships here with SC and noting that the differences are ships in SC can command such a high price because essentially they serve as your home in the persistent universe, and thus there is a sense of ownership and pride.  Whereas in a game such as this.  The ship is really a means to an end to serve the game and lacks persistence and thus that feeling of true ownership.

But by all means put it in their.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Descent, Star Citizen, Wingmans hangar, Descent Underground

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users