Games Crowfall Kickstarter News Crowdfunding Funding Real Life

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

I just saw that Crowfall has reached 100% of its target and is moving on to stretch goals with 26 days left to go!

https://www.kickstar...rone-war-pc-mmo

This is a really hopeful sign for DS and the upcoming crowdfund for this game.  Also, I've heard the Crowfall guys are friends of the DS team, so maybe they'll send some people over here to join the fun!

Nelson

Nelson
  • Backer
  • 118 posts
  • United States

Looks like underworld ascendant made it as well, they did some cross with SotA so hopefully they will do something with DS.

Unless I post in the official moderator blue, I'm just another fan posting my own thoughts, and my posts should not be taken as official in any capacity.

LobsterSundew

LobsterSundew
  • Backer
  • 111 posts
I've posted February 27th and March 5th graphs for Crowfall. Its shows above normal performance in the $200 to $500 range thanks to a rush for remaining slots there. Crowfall had excellent pre-launch marketing build up.

For Underworld Ascendant I had posted graphs for February 28th. I'll wait until that campaign is finished before posting another set of graphs. It takes time to manually stitch together screenshots from the spreadsheet file. Something to notice is how steady that campaign is growing in the Kickstarter trough period. It creates a nice stairway shape to the graphs for individual reward tiers.

2014 had a noticeable lack of the big superstar class campaigns which is why the video games category under-performed compared to 2013 (Resulting in many "Kickstarter is dead!" posts in gaming communities). It looks like 2015 is off to a much better start than 2014.

LobsterSundew

LobsterSundew
  • Backer
  • 111 posts

Here are updated graphs about Crowfall and the final graphs for Underworld Ascendant.

LobsterSundew

LobsterSundew
  • Backer
  • 111 posts
Here are updated graphs for Crowfall.

A note is that its $40 tier is not capped. If it were capped that would have explained its under-performance. The next check is for early-bird tiers preventing much growth at the $40 tier. There is a full 4,000 $34 early-bird tier that cascades into a $36 early-bird tier with just less than 2,400 of 3,000 slots remaining. The $36 tier was inserted the day the $34 tier filled up instead of allowing the $40 tier to take over from the $34 tier. That was an interesting decision.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Games, Crowfall, Kickstarter, News, Crowdfunding, Funding, Real Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users