Photo

[Launcher] Win10: Unexpected Error (TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined)

Launcher Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

snytek

snytek
  • Backer
  • 3 posts
  • Switzerland

Hi

Since the last update I get the following error. The game won't start anymore. 

[Window Title]
Error

[Main Instruction]
Unexpected Error

[Content]
TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Descent Underground\launcher\resources\app.asar\main.js:124:11)
    at Module._compile (module.js:425:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:432:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:313:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Descent Underground\launcher\resources\atom.asar\browser\init.js:158:8)
    at Module._compile (module.js:425:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:432:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:313:12)

[OK]

What shall I do?

Thanks, Snytek

Maj_Hit

Maj_Hit
  • Backer
  • 9 posts
  • United States

I started getting this too, after it ran an unexpected update on Feb 20.

Groundhound

Groundhound
  • Underground
  • 350 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x2

Hi there! I had this problem too. To fix it, I had to uninstall the game from the Windows Add/Remove Programs, then re-install the latest version. If you're still having trouble after a re-install, you might need to delete your launcher's cache. To do that:

1. Uninstall the game through Windows Add/Remove Programs.
2. Navigate to %AppData% in Windows Explorer. To get there, just copy-paste %AppData% with the percentile marks included into your Windows Explorer file path. If you'd like to know more about the AppData folder, check this link out: https://www.howtogee...der-in-windows/
3. Look for a folder named "descent-underground-launcher" or "descent-launcher". If you see either of those folders, delete it. If you see both, delete both.
4. Install the latest version of the launcher. As of this posting, you can download version 0.2.597 of the launcher directly from the Descendent Studios website. Here's a great guide to downloading the latest version: https://descendentst...g-installation/

I hope this helps! I ran into this exact problem on my computer, and this fixed it for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Launcher, Windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users