Photo

Descent 3 - Issue with game switching to desktop...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 455 posts
  • United States
x3

I have been doing some play of Descent 3 today and I have noticed that the game will switch to desktop (but still be running) in the times between missions and the briefings/movies .etc...

It is like hitting the ALT/ Command key, but I am pretty sure it is not that, as it is at repeated and patterned instances during game play.

I had played a few months ago and it was not doing this then so I am wondering if there might have been something with a windows update or something else that might be causing this - I am running Windows 7 64 bit with none of the compatibility options turned on.  

My Claws must need sharpening...

Hunter

Hunter
  • Backer
  • 112 posts
  • South Korea

D3's menus and briefings run are hard coded for 640x480 (for some stupid reason) which means if you run the game in any other resolution, it will force your monitor to switch between those resolutions during the loading. Now depending on your graphic card, drivers and so forth this may disrupt your screen briefly or in some cases even turn OFF your monitor signal which has happened to me a few times in the past. These days I play D3 in windowed mode with Linux, so the problem is less of an issue.. But for Windows there is no way I know of to fix this. I've heard DxWnd or something can help with this, but never tried it myself.

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 455 posts
  • United States
x3

So, looks like this occurs only post mission and during load - nothing in game seems to be effected so far - I am doing a run through and so far am up to level 4.

As I don't really have time to actually learn how to use Linux right now, I am probably going to let it go as it is too, but thanks for the help there, Hunter. 

My Claws must need sharpening...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users