Photo

crash out because of driver update needed??

video driver driver is up to date error opening screen crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

StevebDancer

StevebDancer
  • Backer
  • 2 posts
  • United States

I got an issue.. I tried to play game on my new computer I built and it did not work.. got an error. here. my system setup is Intel 8700k, 32gb ddr4 3700, asus rog Maximus X code z370, Asus Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 OC. here is the error state ment.. build 3370. thank you... check discord for picture..

error

video driver crashed and reset. Make sure your video driver is up to date. Exiting...

hope you can help.

Hope you can include RTX if posible.

Groundhound

Groundhound
  • Underground
  • 357 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x2

Hi StevebDancer.

Wow, that's a pretty beefy rig you've built! I am seriously jealous, my computer's getting a bit long in the tooth but is still holding its own. If you can play other games without trouble, the issue probably isn't with your hardware. The most likely culprit is that the currently available production build 3370 of the game, which is very old by this point, isn't compatible with your snazzy new GPU. Don't worry, I'm sure that when the full version of the game rolls out it'll work great!

I'm guessing that your operating system is Windows 10. Are you able to play any other games that are built on Unreal Engine 4? I've seen several weird glitches with UE4 games in Windows 10, ever since Microsoft decided it would be fun to monkey around with the video pipeline without telling anyone. There was even one issue where certain people who tried to play any UE4 game, from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds to our humble Descent, would see a weird green stain that covered the entire screen. However, if other games work for you, the issue's probably not with Windows.

As much as I hate to say it, the best solution right now seems to be waiting for the full version of Descent to release. Fortunately, you shouldn't have too much longer to wait! The developers have been working super hard, as evidenced by Wingman's blog here: https://descendentst...ovember-update/

Just so there's no confusion, I'm not a developer. I'm just a fan like you. Hopefully I'll see you in the mines when the full game drops!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video driver, driver is up to date, error, opening screen crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users