• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 470 posts
  • United States
x3

With all the talk of the coming testing and release of the game itself, I have been working on another map for a Single Player map.  I have titled this one "613-Prometheus" and I got a lot of inspiration from the original Descent Games by Interplay here.

The level is designed as a mining/research facility with a collection of tunnels and interconnected rooms.  At this point I have the map done through where the player would pickup the Blue Key, which is in the tunnel based mine portion.  The yellow key area is designated to be a large warehouse area, which will have large rooms as the basis of the design there.  I have an idea for the red key area, which would be a heavily defended research core, similar to the research area of the fifth level of the Mercenary Expansion for Descent 3.  Finally the reactor and exit will branch from the yellow key area.  

Current Mine Views:

KMxo7WU.jpg

Front View

kYHiJ03.jpg

Left View

9xcpP3e.jpg

Top VIew

UrhVvXp.jpg

Isometric View

My Claws must need sharpening...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 3,007 posts
  • United States

Cool!

I wonder if it would make sense to add some larger (or larger feeling) spaces in these spots so it doesn't feel like just tunnels. For instance, in the lower right one if you want to keep the flight flow of a loop, perhaps it could be a room with grates or windows in the middle? That lets you see across it and it feels like a room, but it's still effectively a tunnel.

Attached File  Overview with notes 20181022.PNG   316.43KB   0 downloads

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 470 posts
  • United States
x3

Dunk, I like that idea  :)

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 470 posts
  • United States
x3

For the area circled in Green on the Left in the image shown by Dunk, I made the following modification to the map:

2Jqch5Q.jpg

I added an energy center here (Shown as the small yellow segment)

Here I used some Grates to separate the two halves - the Energy Center allows for quick access to the other half, where as the pair of tunnels upward link to a room with one of the yellow doors

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,810 posts
  • United States
x4

Woah, this is looking grate!! I mean great!

I am super excited to try playing this somehow! :)

LINUX OS: MINT 19.1 • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • 

Running D:U at resolution 1920x1080 unless otherwise noted in reports

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 470 posts
  • United States
x3

Thank you!

I am also looking forward to being able to play some custom levels :)

Alexander

Alexander
  • 1 posts
  • United States

I'm excited!! Omens was good. Now I'm looking forward to playing this level. smile.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 613-Prometheus, SP, maps, levels, Map Kit, Single Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users