Will the boxed game call home?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

crayon

crayon
  • Underground
  • 73 posts
  • United States

Without sounding disrespectful I personally avoid Steam, Brightlocker et al because my F/OSS OCD chaffs at the thought of my "stuff" being chained to third party.

Admittedly, the kickstarter said nothing of making the game beholden to the Steam platform:

BOXED OUT - Get a signed box and access to the Proving Grounds level

+ All REWARDS from the BE A LEGEND tier
+ Any new maps or ships introduced for 1 year from end of Kickstarter campaign
+ Personal in-game logo created together with our team
+ Signed box copy of Descent Underground
+ Exclusive access to the PROVING GROUNDS: A level to test weapons and new ships along with our QA department
+ Gold and Diamond Campaign ribbons in forums
+ 11,000 Company scrip

... and I do not regret backing the game in the least, just looking forward to actually being able to play it someday.

biggrin.png

Has there been any conversation about when the boxed game is released if it will be required to call home order to be played?

It's an integrated computer network, and I will not have it aboard this ship. - William Adama

For a zulu time call: 303-499-7111

Milkman

Milkman
  • ModeratorMod
  • 358 posts
  • United States

Im 99% sure it will NOT require steam to be played.  If it will need some sort of online connection to play thats a big ???  For multiplayer to start with im fairly sure it will need online acces to be able to see the hosted servers.  Longer term, the original plan was to get out mod tools and dedicated servers to us all so i don't think it will NEED to phone home then unless they add some sort of DRM?    I sure hope it doesn't, i want this game to be playable forever just like the original games.

Posted Image
Its just me talking as me, unless written in Moderator Blue

crayon

crayon
  • Underground
  • 73 posts
  • United States

.. i want this game to be playable forever just like the original games.

Word.

It's an integrated computer network, and I will not have it aboard this ship. - William Adama

For a zulu time call: 303-499-7111

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users