Photo

Trying to get back in the realm of 'Descent'....help me please?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Will Robinson

Will Robinson
  • Backer
  • 11 posts
  • United States

I was in the early stages of it (backer from around the end of the Kickstarter days) but dropped out of gaming for a bit and then saw an email about how the game is about to be released and tried get back into Steam and...yea, I'm the last to learn about it being gone.

So how do you guys play, or is no one playing?

I built a new gaming PC and have no proof of any purchase of underground that I can find. I can't even get in to my old Steam account. So if I have to buy it again I will but I can't find it anywhere.

Milkman

Milkman
  • ModeratorMod
  • 358 posts
  • United States

It looks like your account is linked to owning the game.  Check out this location to download it. 

https://descendentst...ts&page=du-game

Eventually you will be able to link your steam account to this one to get it on steam.  That just isn't currently working.

FYI the build you can download from here is NOT the newest, build.  Its almost a year old, but is still fun to play.  The new build will be going into testing shortly, and im sure you will be notified when its available. 

Posted Image
Its just me talking as me, unless written in Moderator Blue

Will Robinson

Will Robinson
  • Backer
  • 11 posts
  • United States

It looks like your account is linked to owning the game.  Check out this location to download it. 

https://descendentst...ts&page=du-game

Eventually you will be able to link your steam account to this one to get it on steam.  That just isn't currently working.

FYI the build you can download from here is NOT the newest, build.  Its almost a year old, but is still fun to play.  The new build will be going into testing shortly, and im sure you will be notified when its available. 

Many Thanks! That did the trick...downloading the newest (available) build now...

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,973 posts
  • United States

Many Thanks! That did the trick...downloading the newest (available) build now...

Great, that build is over a year old....if you wait a little longer.......

tarasis

tarasis
  • Backer
  • 7 posts

[dev]

Great, that build is over a year old....if you wait a little longer.......

[/dev]

Patience was never a strong point for me

Blarney77

Blarney77
  • Backer
  • 28 posts
  • United States

Uh... can you guys give us SOMETHING besides "Coming Soon"??   No links to anything?  No more updates... Like Tarasis said, patience is nto a common thing.  While I have it, been waiting for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.  We all have.  So, is there a working link?  Something that shows us something?  NOTHING has been updated here, aside from the email that said this is now just being called "Descent" and is "Close".   That could still mean next summer! :-)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,564 posts
  • United States
x4

It could still be next Summer but they are shooting for an Alpha/Beta underway this year. This may be the wrong thing to say but I think we have to accept that most have lost patience. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Now that I know I've lost patience, it's much easier to be okay with the fact that I don't need patience to accept the fact it's coming out later than I thought and there's literally nothing I can do about it. tongue.png

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • 

Running D:U at resolution 1920x1080 unless otherwise noted in reports

PyroJockey

PyroJockey
  • Backer
  • 1,098 posts
  • United States
x2

Uh... can you guys give us SOMETHING besides "Coming Soon"??   No links to anything?  No more updates... Like Tarasis said, patience is nto a common thing.  While I have it, been waiting for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.  We all have.  So, is there a working link?  Something that shows us something?  NOTHING has been updated here, aside from the email that said this is now just being called "Descent" and is "Close".   That could still mean next summer! :-)

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish

noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.
jgrs60.jpg

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for off-color statements - which will be written in PyroJockey Plum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users