Kickstarter vs backer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Crydee

Crydee
  • Backer
  • 1 posts
  • United States

I'm sorry if this question is answered- and for my confusion.

Can someone explain the differences between kickstarter vs backer?

I haven't played much- but have been following along and did contribute when I created my account (which labels be as a backer).

Is that different then kickstarter? I tried to follow the link and my email is not recognized by the kickstarter website- but I know I contributed $$ when I started out playing?

Thanks for the info.

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

Hi Crydee,

Thank you for supporting the game!

Anyone who purchased the game in Early Access or before will show up as a "Backer" on the forums (unless they don't have the game linked to their account yet).

Some folks who backed the game during the Kickstarter or shortly after got "Alpha" or "Beta" upgrades. In the past, we've let those folks get access to certain builds ahead of other users. Our plan is to allow them in during a "Kickstarter Alpha" and a "Kickstarter Beta". Those will happen a bit ahead of the PC Beta. The PC Beta will be open to any one who owns the game.

kidfusion3000

kidfusion3000
  • Backer
  • 15 posts

I think the follow up question for clarity, because i'm the kind of guy who needs things spelled out: Am I going to get the pre order bonus stuff as a steam early access backer too? or is that kickstarters only? sorry if this has been answered already, I've been gone a long time.

Earthshaker: for when you need to kill absolutely everything right now.

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

I think the follow up question for clarity, because i'm the kind of guy who needs things spelled out: Am I going to get the pre order bonus stuff as a steam early access backer too? or is that kickstarters only? sorry if this has been answered already, I've been gone a long time.

Our plan is to offer that stuff to Steam Early Access folks as well, though we may need some technical help from Steam to reach some people.

TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs
  • 2 posts
  • Germany

hey, just made an account here under my steam profile name with the same avatar as on steam. i got descent: underground on steam during its early access phase. is there any linking of accounts i have to do to be a backer on the forum here?

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

hey, just made an account here under my steam profile name with the same avatar as on steam. i got descent: underground on steam during its early access phase. is there any linking of accounts i have to do to be a backer on the forum here?

Welcome, Takeshi!

We can't link accounts right now, but we will be pushing the Beta to Steam as well. So if you have it on Steam, you'll get it.

TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs
  • 2 posts
  • Germany

ok, thanks for the info :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users