Looking forward to single player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

shinything

shinything
  • Backer
  • 2 posts
  • Canada

Hi there, "long time listener, first time caller" here.

I backed the KS without, perhaps, reading deeper/between the lines...I just wanted a new single player Descent experience on a modern gaming engine (like UE!) I didn't realize there was a whole community of competitive gamers playing multi-player Descent.

I'm older, I don't have the reflexes many of you do, and have little interest in fighting others in ship-to-ship combat. But I'm excited that the single player campaign is finally coming.

As a KS-backer in the Alpha, I never downloaded the game before, but I've now linked my Steam and forum accounts, and am looking forward to trying out the new mode once it's available. (Or, at least, I think I have...it says "Error: Unknown Steam Error". Boo.)

Are there any other lurkers out there who were also waiting patiently for the single player mode?

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,567 posts
  • United States
x4

Many of us have been waiting for the SP campaign since the beginning. MP was the focus for the first years of development.

Now, there will be more SP announcements coming. You're just in time. :)

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • 

Running D:U at resolution 1920x1080 unless otherwise noted in reports

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,902 posts
  • United States

Hi there, "long time listener, first time caller" here.

I backed the KS without, perhaps, reading deeper/between the lines...I just wanted a new single player Descent experience on a modern gaming engine (like UE!) I didn't realize there was a whole community of competitive gamers playing multi-player Descent.

As a KS-backer in the Alpha, I never downloaded the game before, but I've now linked my Steam and forum accounts, and am looking forward to trying out the new mode once it's available. (Or, at least, I think I have...it says "Error: Unknown Steam Error". Boo.) ...

Howdy! Welcome aboard!

We developed the multiplayer first because in many ways it's the harder set of systems. Our CTO was actually told point blank by a dev at Epic that waiting until after the single-player is mostly done to start multiplayer is a good way to have bad multiplayer. 

As far as the Steam link, sadly that is currently messed up. We are working with Steam, but I don't have an ETA on fixing the linkage. However, if someone linked before the problem started, they should still be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users