Photo

Will console versions require a separate purchase?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PyroJockey

PyroJockey
  • Backer
  • 1,098 posts
  • United States
x2

I have a PS4 and am curious as to how the licensing will be handled once the console versions are released. I want to be able to run either the PC or PS4 version depending on my location and my mood.

Will the current license I have for the PC version be shared with the PS4 version or will a separate license be required? 

Also, I currently have a "2316 Sky Cup Special Edition" in my account purchases that I have not yet redeemed. Can this unredeemed license be used for a console version?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish

noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.
jgrs60.jpg

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for off-color statements - which will be written in PyroJockey Plum.

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

We don't know at this time how the recent changes to console crossplay and cross-entitlement are going to shake out. It used to be "yes, you need to buy it separately". 

However, in the last few months a whole lot has changed, often suddenly.

If it turns out that you do need to purchase it separately for the PS4 and you have an unredeemed copy, we may be able to find a way to apply it. We just don't know yet.

refried

refried
  • Backer
  • 1 posts

I'm excited to hear there will be a console release for Descent.  I had redeemed my Steam copy years ago, but I just don't use it.  I'd much rather install it on my PS4 Pro and play on my 4K display or PSVR.  I volunteer to do some testing on those platforms if possible.

Explorien

Explorien
  • Backer
  • 22 posts
  • United States

Perhaps its the familiarity with how the gaming industry has been for ages, but I am okay with buying an additional copy for the PS4 (time to break out the PSVR again). Need to support those Devs! smile.png

However I wouldn't be apposed to getting a backer coupon to get it at the sale price point it was at for early backers a year or so ago.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,973 posts
  • United States

Just so everyone is aware, we do not control the console versions, so the likelyhood of us being able to switch anyone from PC to console is very low - we will of course check into it.

WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users