This game must have this feature.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

hereticfurby

hereticfurby
  • Backer
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Descent Veterans that have been around since the mid-1990's wish to see Descent Underground deviate from the formula that made Halo 5: Guardians a failure in the eyes of many die-hard fans of the series. To shine light on this comparison, Halo 5: Guardians was the first (and from this point forward, probably the only) Halo game to NOT feature split-screen cooperative campaign and competitive multiplayer. This was arguably one of the biggest mistakes in Halo history.

Descent Underground MUST have cooperative campaign as did its predecessors. Following today's e-mail regarding the year-long silence and the new gameplay video, I forwarded the e-mail to my Dad (57 years old, who introduced 3 year old Me to Descent) and said, "Check out the new gameplay video! We're gonna have to run through cooperative campaign on this!"

I then asked myself: Does this game have cooperative campaign?

If not, it needs to be there....

If so.... as you were.

-Vincent Ruvolo

Thank you,

-Vincent Ruvolo

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

The plan is to facilitate online co-op with up to four players in our single-player campaign.

AC_Black

AC_Black
  • Backer
  • 325 posts
  • Canada

Hey Dunk, :)   That sounds interestingly Cool

Honor is the Only Thing to Hold True

Zeffenn

Zeffenn
  • Backer
  • 53 posts
  • United States
Sweet!
Descent Fan since 1995

Hunter

Hunter
  • Backer
  • 111 posts
  • United Kingdom

Is there a list of game modes for multiplayer? The E3 showcase made mention that there'll be 'many..

Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero
  • Backer
  • 8 posts
  • Germany

[dev]The plan is to facilitate online co-op with up to four players in our single-player campaign.[/dev]

Hey,

thats is very good to hear. There was a time when coop gameplay was almost mandatory for games, and it holds alot

of fun and shared experience for players. Sadly other games these days tend to dismiss coop gameplay with vague

reasons (too complicated, to much effort or  "why coop when we have regular multiplayer"), even if it was a featured

element in their initial campaign. I am very glad to see Descent doing the right thing here.

Cheers laugh.png

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,973 posts
  • United States

You can already play Co-op in vs bots and survival in the older version that is up online now.

Wm

hereticfurby

hereticfurby
  • Backer
  • 4 posts
  • United States

[dev]

You can already play Co-op in vs bots and survival in the older version that is up online now.

Wm

[/dev]

Yes, and it is enjoyable!

Thank you for the post, WM.

Thank you,

-Vincent Ruvolo

hereticfurby

hereticfurby
  • Backer
  • 4 posts
  • United States

[dev]The plan is to facilitate online co-op with up to four players in our single-player campaign.[/dev]

Perfect! Looking forward to this.

Thank you,

-Vincent Ruvolo

OG Pyro Jockey

OG Pyro Jockey
  • Backer
  • 72 posts
  • United States

@hereticfurby,
In case you are interested, enerider, Mazzy and I usually play Survival matches late Friday and/or Saturday nights (morning wee hours in U.S. time zones).  In case you would like to join us, we can usually be found playing together between Midnight and 6 AM EDT (or EST after November 4th).  I don't know what time zone you are in, but you would be most welcome to join our crew.  After the final release of "DESCENT", I am sure we will all be playing the full campaign in CO-OP mode.  Please join us if you are able. . .   

Formerly known as simply "Pyro" back in the old Descent ][ (Kali) and ]I[ days (1996 through 2005).

If anyone on these forums have seen old Descent ][ or ]I[ players known as Zannox, Swiss (or Swissy), Perin, Malace, MrCottonmouth, Lordcastle, Duma, or Genghis Kahn, please let them know that I am looking for them (Underground Posted Image)

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users