A couple of basic questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Biggvs_Richardvs

Biggvs_Richardvs
  • Backer
  • 7 posts
  • United States

Hi I had a couple of things, looked around on the wiki, the site, and this forum and couldn't find an answer, so hoping you guys can help.

First what are the minimum hardware requirements?

Second, what are the recommended/optimal hardware requirements? I'm thinking about building/buying a new gaming system, and the only high end game I plan to play is Descent.  The rest of my games are like minetest and AD zero and don't need anywhere near as much horsepower.

So what do you guys recommend as the best hardware to get a good framerate etc but for the least money?

Last, I was wondering about the single player campaign(s). Any states on that, and when it does come out will those of us that bought licenses early on need to buy something else? I really only care about single player and co-op play and kind of assumed it was there when I bought.  That's just me though - I'm still living in the 1990's gaming world.

Many thanks for any info and apologies if I missed the RTFM somewhere.

Rich

Banditt

Banditt
  • Backer
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Descendent Studios is using Unreal Engine 4 to make the new Descent. The recommended specs for running UE4 on a Desktop PC or Mac:

Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
8 GB RAM

Last time I heard, the single player launch date will be in the later half of August.

Biggvs_Richardvs

Biggvs_Richardvs
  • Backer
  • 7 posts
  • United States

Thank you!  3

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,489 posts
  • United States
x4

Yes definitely get a nice graphics card. It will be worth it, even with optimization.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users