account steam support

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Yskonyn_

Yskonyn_
  • 2 posts
  • Netherlands

Hello folks!

I created a ticket quite some time ago, but I haven't received any reply, so I'll try here.

When trying to link my Steam account to my Descendent Studios account, the system returns a 'Unknown Steam Error', preventing me to complete the process.

I would like to request assistance to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Ysk

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

We are still diagnosing this issue, I'm sorry that it's taking so long.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,973 posts
  • United States

You can still play the game though, right?

WM

sassybacon

sassybacon
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hello!  I am having the same problem as Ysk.  When I try to link my Steam account, I receive the same error:  "Error:  Unknown Steam Error".

WM, you had asked if Ysk can still play the game, I cannot answer for Ysk, but I am not able to play.  There is no way to download the launcher and install the game.  Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that would be of assistance.  I am looking forward to seeing the progress you have made since steam!  Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Yskonyn_

Yskonyn_
  • 2 posts
  • Netherlands
I can play the game via Steam, but its an old version. I had mistakenly thought I would be able to get access to a more recent build by linking my account.
Patience it the answer it seems. :)

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,973 posts
  • United States

Hello!  I am having the same problem as Ysk.  When I try to link my Steam account, I receive the same error:  "Error:  Unknown Steam Error".

WM, you had asked if Ysk can still play the game, I cannot answer for Ysk, but I am not able to play.  There is no way to download the launcher and install the game.  Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that would be of assistance.  I am looking forward to seeing the progress you have made since steam!  Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Where did you last dl the game, here or Steam? If Steam you should be able to play it through steam - what happens when you do that? Or are you a Kickstarter backer? Because if that is the case you need to go to the front page and LINK your Kickstarter account to here, you will be able to play last year's build.....for a little while longer.......not too much.....longer...

:)

WM

Haggleblast

Haggleblast
  • 1 posts
  • United States

I'm still getting the error message, has anyone heard of a fix yet?

Milkman

Milkman
  • ModeratorMod
  • 358 posts
  • United States

There is still no fix for the linking of steam accounts at this time as i understand it.  My guess is it has to do with the removal from steam and how the system is linked.  Depending on when/where you bought the game im fairly sure you will get instructions on how best to download and test the game when its available.  In the mean time if you have access here you should be able to download and play the last public version which is from last year.  If you have it in steam but not here, you should still be able to play that same version via steam.

Posted Image
Its just me talking as me, unless written in Moderator Blue

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

There is still no fix for the linking of steam accounts at this time as i understand it.  My guess is it has to do with the removal from steam and how the system is linked.  Depending on when/where you bought the game im fairly sure you will get instructions on how best to download and test the game when its available.  In the mean time if you have access here you should be able to download and play the last public version which is from last year.  If you have it in steam but not here, you should still be able to play that same version via steam.

We are working out the Steam details, but we will make sure that everyone who has it on Steam receives the game.

AC_Black

AC_Black
  • Backer
  • 325 posts
  • Canada

Got the game through KS, but activated through Steam    knowing that the game is going to be over a yr old, is there a place to download the new installer? 

Honor is the Only Thing to Hold True

Milkman

Milkman
  • ModeratorMod
  • 358 posts
  • United States

Assuming your kickstarter is already linked (https://descendentst...m/backer-portal) to your account here... this is how you download the current installer.

https://descendentst...g-installation/

FYI i do not believe that has been updated in over a year, but 'soon' it will be. 

Posted Image

AC_Black

AC_Black
  • Backer
  • 325 posts
  • Canada

Assuming your kickstarter is already linked (https://descendentst...m/backer-portal) to your account here... this is how you download the current installer.

https://descendentst...g-installation/

FYI i do not believe that has been updated in over a year, but 'soon' it will be. 

Thanks Milkman I had the accounts linked a very long time ago, so guessing that the installed game will be the same as what I would get.   I cannot play the game as of yet, do to pc problems that will be fixed soonish lol   Thanks again

Honor is the Only Thing to Hold True

Milkman

Milkman
  • ModeratorMod
  • 358 posts
  • United States

Yup, good luck getting your PC fixed!

Posted Image

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,900 posts
  • United States

Got the game through KS, but activated through Steam    knowing that the game is going to be over a yr old, is there a place to download the new installer? 

Whatever place you downloaded the installer before from before should be fine. The installer autoupdates, so as new versions of either the installer or the game are released, you will get them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: account, steam, support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users