Quick question regarding GOG.com / Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

specialsymbol

specialsymbol
  • Backer
  • 19 posts

Hi out there!

I know, the game is out for a while but I finished university (yay!) and started working (boo!).

Long story short, haven't played anything for three years now and want to start again (still working, but at some point it's enough time put in, every day ending at 22 doesn't cut it).

So, my question: I found my game in the Client Area - Your Downloads (so it's linked).

I can now click on "Redeem This Package".

If I do this, can this only be redeemed then on STEAM or can I also choose GOG.com?
I don't want to hit redeem and then be stuck with STEAM.

Thanks for answers and see you in the mine!

Oh, one more question: what do people use these days to play D:U - two joysticks. gamepad or MKB?

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 250 posts
  • United States
x4

Hi specialsymbol!

I'll leave the GOG/Steam question to the devs. As for controllers, It's balanced for all. I personally play KB+Mouse.

Here are some good-to-knows once you get in:

People coordinate via our discord server at https://discord.gg/MrbF3y so be sure to add it.

The player population is a bit sparse right now as the team focuses on releasing the full game over the current early access client, but usually you can get a game if you're watching the discord.

The community tends to pile in around 12:00 Eastern Standard Time on Fridays to play with the devs. These are the best games to be had so try to make them if you can.

The popular Anarchy maps at the moment are Valor, Mobius, Colosseum, Skylab, Rama, and Bamm. Focus on those maps if you're big on that.

If youre big on stats and figures on the ships, weapons, etc, you can check out this sheet that covers most of it https://drive.google...UQ1G2jaBoeGj1yM

See you out there

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,774 posts
  • United States

So, my question: I found my game in the Client Area - Your Downloads (so it's linked).

I can now click on "Redeem This Package".

If I do this, can this only be redeemed then on STEAM or can I also choose GOG.com?
I don't want to hit redeem and then be stuck with STEAM.

Thank you for your support, and congratulations on the job!

We don't yet have GOG account linking in the same way as Steam, BUT... if you redeem the package you can also download it from our site and play the early access version without hurting your ability to link it to either GOG or Steam later.

specialsymbol

specialsymbol
  • Backer
  • 19 posts

Hi specialsymbol!

I'll leave the GOG/Steam question to the devs. As for controllers, It's balanced for all. I personally play KB+Mouse.

Here are some good-to-knows once you get in:

People coordinate via our discord server at https://discord.gg/MrbF3y so be sure to add it.

The player population is a bit sparse right now as the team focuses on releasing the full game over the current early access client, but usually you can get a game if you're watching the discord.

The community tends to pile in around 12:00 Eastern Standard Time on Fridays to play with the devs. These are the best games to be had so try to make them if you can.

The popular Anarchy maps at the moment are Valor, Mobius, Colosseum, Skylab, Rama, and Bamm. Focus on those maps if you're big on that.

If youre big on stats and figures on the ships, weapons, etc, you can check out this sheet that covers most of it https://drive.google...UQ1G2jaBoeGj1yM

See you out there

Whoa, thanks for the extensive answer! Seems like I have to install Discord at last, after all..

Good to know I can stay with M+KB. 12:00 ET is a bit early for me though, even on fridays. I will try and drop in later nonetheless and see if anyone hangs around :)

@dunkelza thank you! So it's safe to redeem. I mean, if all goes wrong I'd buy it again on GOG. I just don't want.. well, STEAM (I am still angry that they destroyed GTA VC and SA right after I bought them by removing the most important songs). About the job - that's still to see if this was a wise decision ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users