• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 330 posts
  • United States
x3

I have been working on a new fan art project, this time it involves the use of LEGO parts to create what is a Typhoon style Drone.

The design work is mostly finished at this point and as of right now it has 176 parts, and uses standard production LEGO Parts.  

The drone is a tri-fighter drone, just like the D:U Typhoon, but does not have the feature of the spinning wings; which would have been an interesting aspect but hard to design with available bricks.

I used a program from Bricklink called "Stud.io" which also has the ability to do renderings of what you create, which I have upload some of the views of this drone for showing here. 

HAfVFo5.jpg

The front side perspective of the drone

QYDj4Ze.jpg

Rear side perspective 

Eyd93Gv.jpg

Front view...

py2lfIo.jpg

... And rear view.

My Claws must need sharpening...

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 330 posts
  • United States
x3

I have now bought the bricks for the Model through BrickLink and am working on the model instructions.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,483 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

That is awesome!!!

I made a set of Lego brick instructions to build my version of the D3 Phoenix and posted it back at DescentBB.net back in the day and promised a Pyro-GX as well, but never bothered to post the instructions because it meant taking apart my model. haha

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,767 posts
  • United States

Cool!

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 330 posts
  • United States
x3

I made a set of Lego brick instructions to build my version of the D3 Phoenix and posted it back at DescentBB.net back in the day and promised a Pyro-GX as well, but never bothered to post the instructions because it meant taking apart my model. haha

That's cool as well smile.png

i have the instructions in digital format, (Which are now complete)

I plan to print them shortly. I took pics in Stud.IO (the program used to make the digital model) which is able to divide the model up into steps and display as the work progresses. this one has about 17 steps as well

As of this time I am waiting on one order of bricks for the model, and then I will build and post some pics.

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 330 posts
  • United States
x3

UPDATE:

The parts have been all gathered and I have built the Lego drone, which I have dubbed it as "Hurrikane"

I had used the digital instructions to build it, but I will need to do an addition of a parts lat at the end of the current instructions as well

It is currently sitting on the top of the computer tower in the pics here as follows

WysIjIn.jpg

MGq5I6G.jpg

LdhntvT.jpgYPqYPuK.jpg

<Sorry about the blur on that last -pic, the camera was actually qute hard to position (I was actually holding it) while taking the photos...>

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,767 posts
  • United States

Nice! It's cool to see it built.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fan Art, Typhoon, Lego, Drone, Swingarm1032

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users