Photo

The Last Word -- new concept album from the splot!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 364 posts
  • Canada
This was my big project for the second half of 2017
From the album page:
"A concept album about what happens in a world where reality means nothing anymore. The world has become a dream and although it's all most of us can do just to survive in it, there are a few with ambition for more... To spite the world-dream or to control it."

https://vertigofox.b...m/the-last-word

This is actually a milestone for me, because even as a mainly electronic album it's still the first major release I've done with significant use of live instruments.
Enjoy, if that's something you do.

An unusual choice for ship's cat.
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,506 posts
  • United States
x4

I am at work but I am really excited to check this out when I get home. Love your work, splot.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • PREPARE FOR DESCENT ...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,819 posts
  • United States

That's cool! Congratulations on your album!

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 364 posts
  • Canada

The song pages have been updated with lyrics for those who aren't good at finding words in leopard growls.  If you read SCP Foundation at all you might find what might seem to be references to that universe... I have no comment.

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 359 posts
  • United States
x3

I gotta say that I'm interested, I am sort of wanting to buy but I don't know if the site takes PayPal or not, (have not looked too hard yet) 

I am into the electronic music genre and I have some stuff by Pumo as well from the PM: Karstal Motivation (By R.a.M Land) as well as the tracks from Descent 1 - 3 

I don't know whether or not you actually play a musical instrument , but I do, I play the Trombone as well. 

I would be happy to buy a copy in time (I have had a lot of bills recently and don't have the funds to spare)

My Claws must need sharpening...

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 364 posts
  • Canada

If you do I really appreciate it, but you don't need to feel pressured.

Trombone is one of my favourites!  But right now I just play keyboards and a small, small amount of guitar.

Actually in the process of looking for a guitar of my own so I can practice a bit more.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,506 posts
  • United States
x4

Speaking for myself, this is worth more than the sticker price. It does take PayPal, that's how I paid. It's like $6 or something ridiculously cheap. And that's Canadian dollars! Isn't that like 48 cents American? And I got an entire HOUR of very refined music.

It makes for great background tunes for any sort of gaming or work. It's fresh new music that also feels out of some weird hybrid time that took place in the 1990's and the distant future at the same time. I feel placed in that 'other world' Splotchie developed. Just buy it when you can. It's totally awesome music and they accept fake money PayPal. I live check to check but I can spare a meal for this. It feeds the weird soul.

Splotchie, don't talk about how you need "practice" in your music plug topic, under any context!! LOL

This is awesome music, and it's an accomplishment. (And I don't know how you accomplished it. But please don't spoil the magic and tell me all your effects, etc. I know you can.) Very fantasy and related to the 'spooky' genre yet intrinsically something unique and once you are there, the songs heard together get enriched by their differences. I will certainly be listening to this during the next descents ...

Although it's quite a journey, I think my favorite singled out tracks may be Figment and the final track, which appropriately leaves me needing to re-enter the universe again. Hopefully listening three times in a row does not trap us in that world ... LOL

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • PREPARE FOR DESCENT ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users