• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 334 posts
  • United States
x3

Hi, I have created a new DeviantArt profile (I have anther one, but the new one was created today...) which I have dedicated entirely to showing off some of my Descent:Underground creations, whether it be maps, custom made resources for the level kit, or other D:U related artwork.

The address is https://swingarm1032-du.deviantart.com

I plan to use this also as a way to show everyone my work easier once (hate to say it though...) the forums are no longer in use here as well.

I also invite any comments or considerations here for stuff. (I would greatly appreciate complements as well)

I will for my maps provide some descriptions for the specific ideas of the map there on the uploads as well, and I plan to make folders for each map project.

Swingarm1032

My Claws must need sharpening...

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,486 posts
  • United States
x4

This stuff is awesome, Swingarm! What you posted at https://descendentst...ametexturescom/ is really really cool. Definitely has a unique spin on D:U levels. I'm excited for when you can submit levels to what they were talking about in a recent Wingman's Hangout, where we can submit custom levels. Your stuff is atmospheric.

Normally you seem tempted to do really large scale stuff inspired by Descent 2, which I don't blame you for. I love those levels and their ambition. The weapons and bots in D2 were really suited for those huge rooms. I think these tighter areas you are designing are really neat to see and inspiring because I think I may for example want to work on a smaller tighter level as well.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 334 posts
  • United States
x3

This stuff is awesome, Swingarm! What you posted at https://descendentst...ametexturescom/ is really really cool. Definitely has a unique spin on D:U levels. I'm excited for when you can submit levels to what they were talking about in a recent Wingman's Hangout, where we can submit custom levels. Your stuff is atmospheric.

Normally you seem tempted to do really large scale stuff inspired by Descent 2, which I don't blame you for. I love those levels and their ambition. The weapons and bots in D2 were really suited for those huge rooms. I think these tighter areas you are designing are really neat to see and inspiring because I think I may for example want to work on a smaller tighter level as well.

Thanks, 

Besides the really large scale stuff, I also like the close quarters fighting style of D:U as well, The Texures I was able to get really impressed me as well.

:)

My Claws must need sharpening...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: D:U, DA, Swingarm1032

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users