Photo

Happy New Year — 2018 — the year of the 1st D:U SP Campaign!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,459 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Devs have now confirmed this — I have heard them say this, by golly — that by Autumn of 2018 we will have a single player experience. I don't know if that means it's just ready for testing then or the full version will be out then, but I don't care. I just wish to celebrate my joy that at long last ... 

An official NEW Descent title within the beloved Descent universe will have new single player missions with story and featuring new interactivity with the universe that didn't exist in previous Descent titles.

I am beyond thrilled. Five years ago, for example, it all seemed like nothing but a pipe dream that such a thing could ever happen. I don't suffer haters, despite my keen awareness that I am a nitpicking fan (as well as acknowledging that all of us nitpickers just want the game to be GREAT and that's the reason we do it).

So just a message to all the devs — seasoned or freshly recruited — THANK YOU for your dedication to this title and may 2018 be the year of your dreams coming true, besides the year that Descent: Underground sees some form of single player release! 

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 340 posts
  • Canada
x12

Are you sure that's what this was gonna be the year of?  I was almost certain it would be the year of a lone leopard singling out, hunting down and eating every member of the Descent community.

But maybe I've said too much.

Happy new year.  You should enjoy as much of it as you can.

An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Hunter

Hunter
  • Backer
  • 108 posts
  • South Korea

Happy New Year!

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 317 posts
  • United States
x3

Happy New Year.

(Defcon X; I'd +5 you there, but the site won't let me.)

My Claws must need sharpening...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,738 posts
  • United States

Happy New Year, y'all!

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,459 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Are you sure that's what this was gonna be the year of?  I was almost certain it would be the year of a lone leopard singling out, hunting down and eating every member of the Descent community.

But maybe I've said too much.

Happy new year.  You should enjoy as much of it as you can.

Thanks, splotchie, for reminding us that certainty is definitely dangerous. I'm going to pretend Dunk saying "Happy New Year" means, roughly, "Yes, the Single Player is coming soon! Before the leopard gets us all."

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,930 posts
  • United States

Yes true.....so far we have several playable missions in various states of existence......still lacking some bots, upgraded AI, and lot of other stuff that will make your hair turn on end.

Sometime in the future we are going to need some of your help balancing the campaign.

Going to be a FINE year.....a FINE year...

WM

Kraven

Kraven
  • Backer
  • 30 posts
  • Canada

Great to hear it WM, best of luck to the whole team!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users