Some thoughts...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 311 posts
  • United States

Here’s a few thoughts about the current state of the game and what I feel needs to be fixed/done before the release, preferably an update to Prod before the release but… I know I can’t remember everything I wanted to say but figured I would post this now to the general forum so others can chime in on it.

Note: No posting about new weapons/missiles/etc. Posts should be as if the current state of the game is the final release, just minus single player…

1. Energy center noise – If I’m right around the corner of an energy and someone goes into it, there should be some type of hum/noise that I can hear to know that someone is in it. Just don’t make it like before where you hear the alert throughout the whole map.
  2. Noise when a pilot hits a wall/corner – Will encourage better flying. Could even give damage but something like .5 so it’s not that big unless you’re barely alive.
  3. Ability to switch teams – Some of us “seasoned” pilots shouldn’t be grouped together when playing with other players. It will be good for us to have the ability to switch teams so they’re a bit more even.
  4. Spectator cam – think this is self-explanatory
  5. Bug where you click out of the game and when you come back you have no control and have to wait/ask to be killed/restart the game. Really annoying, especially when you get to the higher stages of survival.
  6. Welcome message for survival matches explaining that you will spawn after zones are captured. More so helpful for new players.
  7. Turret pickups – If a ship doesn’t have the ability to pick them up/use them, they should convert to something for that ship (triple Ds?), laser grid, or give some energy and ore? I’dunno, just get too many of these powerups in survival and I can’t do anything with them.
  8. Prox mines – Should be 4 packs, just one prox isn’t that useful…
  9. Ability to see who is in matches – Not that important but would be nice to see who all is in a given match so we can decide which game to join. Example: I see a few matches going on. I can join the match with pilot names I recognize/know they’re not new.
  10. Scoreboard bug – definitely know the devs know about this from the Friday streams.
  11. Missile bug where if you fire with your butt against a wall, it explodes right away.

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos
Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

Mazzy

Mazzy
  • Underground
  • 31 posts
  • Australia

12. Ability for all ships to pass on primary weapons to other ships in coop matches, this is particularly a problem at the higher stages of survival when new players come in and there are very little spawns. Currently the only way around this is to go to drone bay "explode" while the newer players in the session capture the final point then on respawn i grab my preferred 2 primary weapons and allow the others to grab the rest.

13. Give at least the Warlock the ability to clear several crate spawn points clogged up with red keys in survival.

Thank you smile.png  

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,506 posts
  • United States
x4

No posting about new weapons/missiles/etc

I will respectfully honor this request, Pudlez. laugh.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

BUT I am still waiting for:

14. Cloak

and

15. Guided missiles

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • PREPARE FOR DESCENT ...

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 259 posts
  • United States
x4

Wait for all players to be ready(the game is 100% loaded and ready to run) before allowing anyone to move.

This is a big advantage for people with beefier computers

More bot variety in coop modes, like a bull-rushing panzer with flak cannons, energy thief warlock, Vulcan sniping wasp, scrapping Goliath with plasma cannons, etc.

autorotated

autorotated
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Wait for all players to be ready(the game is 100% loaded and ready to run) before allowing anyone to move.
This is a big advantage for people with beefier computers

I think my machine is actually quite beefy, but my delay is brutal. I have the game on slower 7200 rpm storage instead of the faster SSD; maybe my disk-delayed map-load time is causing a late positional synchronization? Maps shouldn't be big enough to cause a significant delay, but loading all the associated non-optimized textures first may be contributing. Too many variables and related assumptions - is there a log for these things I could examine/submit?

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 259 posts
  • United States
x4

The standard "spinning platter" hard drive is 75% of it.

Loading game files into memory from a storage device is an essential part of how software works. If the storage "read speed" is slow, anything that relies on it will get bottle-necked by it (including games).

The first 20 seconds of this video is a decent example, though I have seen it take several seconds for another player to even register on the scoreboard:

Players usually are "100% loaded" when their scoreboard name color sets itself from the default blue

https://www.youtube....h?v=urkAsCp1KCg

As for a log, this is a known issue. Many games account for this by not allowing the game to begin until all players have everything loaded prior(League of Legends), others have a "warmup" (or "Waiting for players...") phase that allows the "loaded" players to mess around in the meantime (CS:GO)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users