Little Orbit has partnered with us!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

We signed a publishing distribution deal with them.

https://littleorbit.com/game/descent/

https://descendentst...g-announcement/

We are expanding to both consoles, and taking single player up to a FULL campaign.

THIS IS WHY WE DELISTED !!!

I know a lot of speculation was rampant, but this has been in the works for a long long time.

WM

Maxx_Original

Maxx_Original
  • Backer
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Kudos to you and all at the original Descendant Team!  This will undoubtedly help you a great deal in pursuit of your dream!  (And ours as well, I suspect.)  Keep up the good work!  Maxx, out.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Backer
  • 327 posts
  • Netherlands
x2

Well I believe in you guys and I always have since you came to me and many others that you lot were going to remake the Descent series and that isn't something you just do...

This is a major leap forward and a leap you guys needed to reach the release goal for mid 2018.

Yeah I think it will all be alright, them negativity seeders were wrong all the time you guys are going to succeed with a great success, even though sometimes it takes a few battles hits and bruises to make a huge success and you guys are doing just that.

The Force is strong with you guys and I have trust in Descent Underground for being that Descent game all of us Descenters & Descent Collectors would of wanted to have, yeah you guys will do just fine, Huuuuugz cool.png

Best song that fits this is this one from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: I Won't Back Down:

As being you guys won't back down you will stand your ground, because there is no easy way out, yet you reached a goal that will make things easier for you, things will only get better now, follow those goals and we shall all see how DU all came to it's place.

So Hereby I thank the original Descent Underground Team as holder of the World's Largest Descent Freespace Game Collection , they gave me the ability collect onwards and they gave the ability of Descent players to play a 4th Descent game in the Descent Game series,prequel or not, that doesn't matter much.

Rock on Guys cool.png

Holder Of The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection:
DU+Sig500.jpg
Descent Is The Best Thing That Happened To You PC Since Floppy Drives!

Specter

Specter
  • Backer
  • 15 posts
  • Finland

I think this will be great. Good on you!

Hunter

Hunter
  • Backer
  • 107 posts
  • South Korea

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the SP campaign.

eminus

eminus
  • Backer
  • 41 posts

I really respect Little Orbit as they are also the one who took over Unsung Story 

Vyper

Vyper
  • Underground
  • 57 posts
  • United States
x12

Congratulations to the entire team! I know you will make the most of this opportunity and make the game you (and we) dreamed of. You have a great community backing you so if there is any way we can assist, all you need do is ask.

Rock On!

Explorien

Explorien
  • Backer
  • 20 posts
  • United States

Congrats D:U Team. Very excited for you to have the resources to reach your vision for the game. And to start earning a paycheck again! 

Question; Now that the cat is out of the bag, is D:U for console (PS4) planning to support VR (PS-VR)? 

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

Congrats D:U Team. Very excited for you to have the resources to reach your vision for the game. And to start earning a paycheck again! 

Question; Now that the cat is out of the bag, is D:U for console (PS4) planning to support VR (PS-VR)? 

We really hope too, we are getting some Dev kits to find out if that is possible.

BTW - Imagine you are making a game with 8ish people - and now all of the sudden you have 20+ people helping - acceleration - ENGAGE !!

WM

Whiteshark

Whiteshark
  • Backer
  • 527 posts
  • Finland
x2

I'm carefully excited of the news, but I'd like some more information on your plans for the singleplayer / multiplayer split. I've understood you have spent the recent months building singleplayer exclusively, due to community's response. Is Little Orbit going to answer for both aspects of the game? Will the singleplayer mode remain as the point of focus for now? Any information would be appreciated.

Wouldn't it be easier to read if this was on Comic Sans?

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

Congrats! 

I think I need to take some PTO one of these Fridays to properly welcome the new devs smile.png

Edit: I think the new devs should have a proper introduction, maybe a WMH soon?

Edited by PuDLeZ, 03 November 2017 - 06:47 PM.

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

I'm carefully excited of the news, but I'd like some more information on your plans for the singleplayer / multiplayer split. I've understood you have spent the recent months building singleplayer exclusively, due to community's response. Is Little Orbit going to answer for both aspects of the game? Will the singleplayer mode remain as the point of focus for now? Any information would be appreciated.

Hey Whiteshark, - actually the last few months we were fairly stagnant as we had hoops to jump through to procure a partnership, and we were talking to TONS AND TONS of them - before we found the right one.

I would say we have the entire campaign outlined, and being worked on, that is our primary focus ATM, in fact, I would say we are about 80+% focused on SP at the moment, we still have some things to do in the MP, and we have fixed the mouse movement already, but for now, SP is the key......as well as upping our game in Art, Sound, game play all over the place.

Right now we are in SP map making mode, where we are building all the elements and maps, and playtesting them in Graybox, then handing them over to our overseas art team to pretty them up, then back here for an audio and polish pass, this is the current pipeline.

And out of this will come a much more robust map kit for users to get pieces to build with.....after the release.

We do plan to have both SP and Multiplayer in the release, that has always been the plan, the key was whether we could get there sooner or later, essentially we went to EA too early, and that slowed us way down having to maintain a live product while forging ahead with both - we never liked the idea of a prologue only SP campaign, but that is all we could do without a partner, now we get to do the proper reboot of the franchise we always wanted to do....

So, while things slowed down a bit for the last 6-ish months (as we focused on getting a partner) we are back to firehose strength - so while the Production build will remain as it is for a while, soon Proving grounds will be more active, and we will hand pick the best most effective and productive testers to help us test the SP campaign....

WM

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 330 posts
  • Canada
x12
/me imagines it all being mailed back and forth by boat.
Very happy this worked out after all. Can't wait to see what's coming now!

I think it may be time to reactivate my scratchpad...
An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Malniklan

Malniklan
  • Backer
  • 5 posts
  • United States

Congrats! Look forward to seeing the results of all the hard work and new resources on the game.

Stormprooter

Stormprooter
  • Underground
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom
x12

Good news Wingman! Having the extra resources gives confidence in getting the game to release.

Very happy with the news here, and looking forward to what is to come.

Flufball

Flufball
  • Underground
  • 378 posts
  • United Kingdom
x13

Two questions regarding the console versions;

1 - Will they support cross-platform play, (as much as is possible given Sony's intransigence with regards to the concept)? It seems like this game is well suited to having a shard population across multiple consoles, even if it's the manner in which Rocket League does it (i.e. PC and Xbox/Switch or PC and PS4 but no Xbox/PS4 compatibility).

2 - Switch version at any point? :P

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

1. We would like to do that, probably like Rocket league, PS4+ PC, XB1+PC, but not consoles together...

2. Dunno - would be cool, but would require quite a bit of rework to downsize the art.

WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users