• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

As I have been playing lately I have noticed a few changes to the mechanics (or what seems like that) and the way the game plays:

• Ship Speed - Drones seem much slower and hits/kills are much easier to get. I think that the current values are rather good but I would like to see a greater spectrum here,  in other words, increasing speed of the faster drones, and slightly slow the slower ones a bit more. ( Predators should be able to do doughnuts around a Panzer :P )
  • Fusion Cannon - as noted by Inspades; the fusion cannon seems to have much stronger bolt strength when it is charged a bit.  I like this change as well, it is much more in my opinion the type of weapon it was in Descent 1
  • Mega Missile backfiring - Not good. I have done this a few times in vs. AI and I noticed that it does not damage the drone too much... although it may be a temporary fix it could result in easy kills if done right.
  • AI behavior in Survival - I have noticed that in the early stages (3 - 5 or so) you can eliminate all but one enemy drone and get it to sort of follow you and then lose it an a not active zone to provide easier capture of the Nanofactory.  I like this as a good strategy, but I think after some time the drone should start to look for you. as well.  I think what happens is you lose it and it just piddles around until you capture the Nanofactory

My Claws must need sharpening...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, mechanics, ideas, feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users