Continued news and updates?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nacht

Nacht
  • Backer
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Seems like everything's at Brightlocker now?

Why are no additional updates coming through either this site or Kickstarter?

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

Seems like everything's at Brightlocker now?

Why are no additional updates coming through either this site or Kickstarter?

Some stuff will still happen here, but BrightLocker is our main focus. We were supporting too many different communities at the same time and it was taking time away from making the game.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

Until Brightlocker has forums though, we will still engage here.....

WM

ChrisseZu

ChrisseZu
  • Backer
  • 35 posts
  • Switzerland

[dev]

Until Brightlocker has forums though, we will still engage here.....

WM

[/dev]

I have registered on Brightlocker and tried it out,.. At the moment the website feels like it's made for toddlers.

After 3 days I'm already bothered by all the Badges., what's the point of that?

And how should the site work as it is designed?  Where can I "watch, influence and participate in the process of game creation" ?

There are no functions for this at all...

You have a very good main page with a forum with votes, reputation,PM´s between Users as well as chat, store, Leaderboard, Dev Blog and many good features for your users and DU-Fans. I also like to use the "Match Status" feature on the DU-Site. Then I know at least if a game is available and don't need to start the game for free.

And you want to trade that for something weird like *Blinky Blinky* *Eye Cancer* Brightlocker?

Why don't you use Brightlocker as an addition for your announcements, marketing and distribution platform with a link to your own page for everything else?

It's the same work as it is right now, where Dunkelza made the two blog entries with link to Brightlocker... just the other way round.

Your site is fast, ergonomical and easy to use. Brightlocker is slow, only a few functions and it´s just *blinky* *blinky* at current stage...by the way: on small smartphones the site doesn't work properly...

And seriously? A game without it´s own website? Really?

In the German and Suisse gamer press is also reported very negative.

For example:

http://www.pcgamesha...lassen-1233475/

Use https://www.deepl.com/translator to translate or is a dev not also from Germany? He can translate it for you.

I'm definitely not gonna do Brightlocker anymore. (I have tried to delete my account. Even that doesn't offer the site without contacting the support)

I hope you will keep your own homepage up to date so I can still get well informed about the game.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

We are supporting Brightlocker as they are friends of ours, we know they lack a lot of functionality - but we want to help them get there.

We are not leaving here - for now.

WM

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

While I can't say how Brightlocker will be with a forum but I definitely don't get a community feeler from their site like I do here. The feeler I get is more of a marketing one and only dev -> player communication. Not a player <-> player one like I get here... Also, I prefer the darker background than a white one xD

That being said, I will be using Brightlocker only to read the updates that get posted. If/when the day comes that you completely migrate away from having your own forums, if I don't get the community feeler, I doubt that I will be spending much time there.

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

Gelf

Gelf
  • Backer
  • 11 posts
  • United States

Seems that forum posting on web sites is just not popular at all... and I have no idea why. 

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

I love forums, we are just trying to help Brightlocker out as we believe what they are TRYING to do is valuable to gamers everywhere.

We still post here, but right now our weekly blog is there....we have some more outreach coming as we settle into the new office.

WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users