Photo

Implementing Custom Music in D3 Missions...

D3 Music Mods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 359 posts
  • United States
x3

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to implement some music into a custom D3 level, and I am trying to use the included Music Tester Program.

When I try to convert my WAV files (to .osf format) I get an error from the program, it is not too specific but it says "Error converting files" or something real general.  I think this may have been solved in a later version of the Music Tester, but I don't have that specific program.

If any one here has any ideas or an updated version of the program, I would greatly appreciate it, as right now I can only use the .osf files in the D3 hog files, but would like to implement some custom music.

I believe the Music Tester version is 1.0 as well, it is the version included on the Software CD.

My Claws must need sharpening...

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 364 posts
  • Canada

Ooooh... I had to work through something like this eight years ago.  Don't remember it too well, except that, I think, there was another program that could turn wavs into OSFs.  Whatever it was tended to add long silences to the ends of songs, and we had to invent a slightly different music system for our mission to work with that since it turned out to be the best we could do.

You might want to ask Thomas on Dateiliste if he's still around.  He might remember more.

An unusual choice for ship's cat.
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 359 posts
  • United States
x3

Found some Instruction, I thought that Dateilliste was no longer online, it actually is...

http://www.dateilist...ur-mission.html

I had the wrong format in the .wav setup...

EDIT:  After following the Pumo instructions, I got it to work

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 364 posts
  • Canada

Weird to think I wrote those down. :P  Cause it's so long ago I don't remember any of them.

Oh well, I guess that's why you write them down.

I think the pictures were taken by the late great Mzero.  RIP.

An unusual choice for ship's cat.
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 359 posts
  • United States
x3

I think I printed it along time ago and I lost it somewhere in a big stack o papers...

Yeah they credited Mzero to the pages as well, I had not known who he was, but I was for a very long time, (up until about the starting D:U) pretty outside the community on my own doing stuff and never have released anything...

I am also glad the links still work from the editor program as well (or at least some of them)

For the current mission I have found some stuff from BF 2142, and I recorded this with OBS while watching the OSTs on YouTube and then used Format Factory for converting to a simple .WAV file, then did some more conversion in Audicity... Complex process but it worked, the .osf files work correctly and I have been even able to implement multiple regions for it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: D3, Music, Mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users