• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

I have come up with an interesting S.P. Concept, which is based on Level 13 of the D3 Campaign, which I have named "Outbreak"

It would be a stand alone S.P. Campaign level, with a goal oriented mission setup.

For those not familiar with Level 13 of Descent 3, it is a level that the player has to cull the outbreak of hostile forces on the C.E.D. Flagship. To do this they must destroy many of a certain bot, including a specially marked "Leader" bot.  In addition the player must also shut down a materialization center / nano-factory that is set to produce reinforcements of the objective bot. There is also another goal of disabling the engine core which is a secondary objective.

Storyline:  

In an attempt to sabotage  your company , a rival company has infiltrated a key installation that is owned by your company, and has released a number of hostile virus infected bots that in turn have been infecting the defense and mining mechs working at the installation.  As the fact that the installation is a key installation for your organization , the loss of this installation would not be acceptable so you, a drone pilot under special operations are assigned to clear the mine of the "Infector" bots and broadcast an anti-virus program developed by the organization's scientists to revert any remaining of your defense and mining bots to normal operation.  

Goals:

• Destroy all of the "Infector" bot - (a durable bot, such as insidious, all of one type of bot in mine)
  • Disable the nano-factories in the mine, to prevent additional "Infector" bots from producing - ( a few have had the "Infector programmed into their production as well...
  • Once the first two goals are completed, find the central communications area and broadcast the anti-virus program - (not possible to do until completion of the first two goals
  • Once the anti-virus is broadcast, return to the docking location for extraction - (you just have to find your way back, the other bots should be neutral at this point)

Again this is just the concept of the idea, if any of the devs think this is a good idea for a S.P. Mission in the official campaign, I am fine with the use of the storyline being used (quite frankly, I would be honored to have an idea of mine used for the main S.P. Campaign)

Also, there would be hidden objects and goodies throughout and the access keys would be hidden and unlock areas with major goodies (ie... Mega, Fusion, Smart Missiles etc) that would make completion of the mission easier.  CoOp would also be supported

My Claws must need sharpening...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

Thanks, Swingarm!

This sounds pretty cool!

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 334 posts
  • Canada
x12

Kinda reminds me of the story for Horizon Zero Dawn.  Or at least as far as I've got into it, cuz I'm kinda stuck at a boss. :D  No spoilers!

An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

Don't worry about spoilers, I don't have any as I have never played that,

I just remembered that Level 13 was one of my favs of the main D3 Campaign, (Mostly for the music... smile.png )

My Claws must need sharpening...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maps, Singleplayer, Outbreak, Concepts, Game, Idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users