• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jobode

Jobode
  • Underground
  • 295 posts
  • Germany
x4

What about limiting the selection of the ships for the different game modes?
That way, the gameplay could be directed in a certain direction.

And special maps for different game-modes are requireed. (Corporate War / Conquest need way bigger maps to allow strategic gameplay)

For example: (really for example! tongue.png )

Anarchy -> Panzer, Torch, Wasp, Typhoon

Team-Anarchy -> Panzer, Torch, Wasp, Typhoon, Shaman

Survival -> Panzer, Torch, Wasp, Shaman, Typhoon

Miner Mayhem -> Panzer, Predator, Wasp, Torch, Typhoon,

Corporate War -> Wasp, Typhoon, Shaman, Auger, Goliath, Warlock

etc... etc...

Whiteshark

Whiteshark
  • Backer
  • 527 posts
  • Finland
x2

I have to disagree with this, since I think it's important that the ships' roles are clear and functional so that people will choose the right ship for the right scenario. If you have to force out a ship because it's overpowered in some scenario I think that's a balancing mistake, and if it's weaker than others there is hardly a reason to ban it. 

Wouldn't it be easier to read if this was on Comic Sans?

Jobode

Jobode
  • Underground
  • 295 posts
  • Germany
x4

I have to disagree with this, since I think it's important that the ships' roles are clear and functional so that people will choose the right ship for the right scenario. If you have to force out a ship because it's overpowered in some scenario I think that's a balancing mistake, and if it's weaker than others there is hardly a reason to ban it. 

I do not believe it is possible to make for example Goliath interesting enough for anarchy.

There is too much difference between the gamemodes that all ship types make sense or are usefull with their special skills .
(At least in the current state)

Why should i use Goliath as a collector in anarchy? I'd rather take the Panzer with his Shield instead.... or why should i use the shaman with it´s healing capabilities in Anarchy?
Vic-versa, if in Corporate War the choice is limited to ships with special skills for the respective gamemode, players are forced to work together and that will be more fun by the end of the day...

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

This will be done with leveling up and rewards, you will not be able to level up very fast by playing a Goliath in Anarchy - we will have faster ranking/leveling up when you play the intended style of the map.

But if you go 1-15 in Anarchy in a Goliath, how is that different than 1-15 in a torch?

WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users