Photo

Upgates/grades since December 2016, Holiday?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dunolde

Dunolde
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hello. I bought in back in January 2017 via COG and here it is almost April.

When I click to play, I still get the Holiday 2016 update and "Thank You, etc."

Has there seriously been no progress since then?

If there has, where can I avail myself of any updates I might have missed out on?

Thanks!

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,867 posts
  • United States

Hello. I bought in back in January 2017 via COG and here it is almost April.

When I click to play, I still get the Holiday 2016 update and "Thank You, etc."

Has there seriously been no progress since then?

If there has, where can I avail myself of any updates I might have missed out on?

Thanks!

Hi Dunolde, thank you for joining us on this journey!

Yes, there have been updates, so let's see if we can get your computer downloading them.

When you open the launcher, are you authenticating through GOG Galaxy?

If not, are you running the GOG Updater?

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,966 posts
  • United States

Oh wow, yes he is very behind. I wonder if he has only played offline?

WM

Dunolde

Dunolde
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Thanks for the replies, and I guess I'm neither authenticating through COG Galaxy, nor running the COG updater.

Also, I have only ever played single player, not into online.

So, what do i do now?

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,519 posts
  • United States
x4

Your timing is just a bit unlucky. Most updates have been in balancing the complexities of multiplayer and now they are cranking on the single player campaign. You can expect the first single player mission later this year, if all goes according to the latest schedule they talked about. I recommend getting on Multiplayer for a Survival game, since it's a challenging kind of game type that lets you explore the speed, weapon and combat balances. (Though weapon balancing may be about to go through another overhaul).

Also, an anarchy game would be nice (melodrama bit: if the better players would stop totally slaughtering the new kids for a while!)

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • PREPARE FOR DESCENT ...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,867 posts
  • United States

Thanks for the replies, and I guess I'm neither authenticating through COG Galaxy, nor running the COG updater.

Also, I have only ever played single player, not into online.

So, what do i do now?

The updates are posted through GOG's Downloader and/or our launcher (if you authenticate with GOG Galaxy), so you would need to run one of those two.

If you run the GOG Downloader, once you sign in it should automatically notice that there is an update for Descent: Underground and download it for you in the background.

If you'd like to try the cooperative modes like Survival or Vs. AI with other people, GOG Galaxy would be the way to go.

Dunolde

Dunolde
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Well, next obvious question is how do I access GOG's Downloader and/or our launcher. I don't know about COG Galaxy, I just double click the icon on my desk top to play.

I tried logging in for multi-player yesterday, hoping that may help with the updating but all I continually got was Unable to verify login credentials. Contact support. which I did, even providing a copy of my receipt from January (see below). That support request has been acknowledged but nothing further has occurred.

support team.

249138b1bdf66dc34cf09a0f85e702429b7da687  
DESCENT: UNDERGROUND
$ 29.99 $ 14.99     DISCOUNT – 20161221 LAUNCH PROMO: DESCENT: UNDERGROUND $ 15.00     Order total: $ 14.99     Date of purchase2017-01-04 Order ID:#e7f451b35544   Please also note that this email message serves as your receipt. All prices include VAT if applicable.

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,867 posts
  • United States

This is the link to the GOG Downloader from their site:

https://www.gog.com/downloader

Once installed, you should be able to log into it using your GOG username and password. If you leave it running it should automatically update the game each time we release a new patch to Production.

Galaxy is a newer version of the Downloader that also has social content and such:

https://www.gog.com/galaxy

If you aren't interested in multiplayer, the Downloader is probably your best bet. If you'd like to try multiplayer or co-op, Galaxy is necessary to do the authentication.

Dunolde

Dunolde
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Well guys, thanks for trying to help. I managed to get the downloader and it indicates there are four updates available but when I click to get them it just tells me Error 404: there's nothing here.  Submit a report. which I did but to no avail.

I also tried downloading Galaxy. Several attempts at downloading, but each time it failed.

Well, this is taking more effort than almost any other game I have ever purchased, and I'm getting nowhere, so I'm done!

Unless something comes of any of the support contacts I have made, I'm through trying to fix this!

Thanks for all of your assistance.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,966 posts
  • United States

I really wish GOG would get their linking up so we could just point them to our site.....

WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users