design Game design concept

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FireDragon

FireDragon
  • Backer
  • 183 posts
  • Canada

The Game design Document - what is this? It's the strategy guide on steroids for the developer as it contains everything that is in the game.

When the document is done, that's it no more is added. think of it as instructions to put something together. It would be hard to build a model if something keeps getting added on all the time.

Below is a video of my showing a design document for my last project :

Louhikarme blog:

https://descendentst...-to-game-asset/

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,489 posts
  • United States
x4

Cool

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

FireDragon

FireDragon
  • Backer
  • 183 posts
  • Canada

Thanks, Hope this helps to understand what is to make a game. There are so many aspects to making  games and this is a key part of it.

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,950 posts
  • United States

We have considered publishing ours, it is well over 100 pages....Rob Irving did an amazing job.

WM

Xyphon

Xyphon
  • ModeratorMod
  • 321 posts
x2
x2
x2
x2

[dev]

We have considered publishing ours, it is well over 100 pages....Rob Irving did an amazing job.

WM

[/dev]

Having a good design document helps in so many ways in programming.  It gives a clear path on what needs to be done and how the different parts of the program can be divided up among the various people working on that project.

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: design, Game design, concept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users