Chat QoL issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Vainiac

Vainiac
  • Backer
  • 119 posts
  • United States

1) In game chat cuts off the last line in a message every time so that you constantly have to scroll down. Is there a fix for this?

2) If you hit the chat button in game immediately after a death and the select ship button comes up, you have to hit the chat button again to continue typing. Is there a way to let all the player to finish their message without being interrupted?

3) The player typing "..." indicator in game is poorly visible. Changing the shape from a triangle to a square and keeping the color the same is not distinctive enough to quickly identify if someone is typing from a distance. Could the size of this indicator be made bigger, and maybe changed to a universal white thought bubble or something? I hate scoring cheap shots because I didn't recognize someone was typing.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,489 posts
  • United States
x4

Agree.

Yes, and also there is a problem where the backspace function will erase 2 characters instead of 1, and it won't let you do more than 2 characters.

I can't reproduce this, it happens at random. But if you engage chat and get cut off by a match ending that seems to be one of the possible triggers.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 304 posts
  • United States

Yeah, I've noticed lots of bugs when you get cut off. Whether that's by the match starting/ending or if you're living on the dangerous side and text while flying!

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users