• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Biel1539

Biel1539
  • Backer
  • 20 posts
  • United States

Some ideas i had:

I think that that should be an invisibility power-up. You would still take damage and wouldn't be 100% invisible by possibly making you transparent or just somehow harder to see. been a couple of years since i played the original descent games but im pretty sure there was a a feature like this. and i am still pretty new to this game but this is just an Idea.

Another Idea is invinsibility for 5-8 seconds right after you re-spawn. sometimes from my limited experience I re-spawn right in the middle of a battle with other players that have buffs, weapons, possibly health, etc. Then i Just get hit by a couple of missiles and blow-up again. depending on the ship you choose that may not happen with a bulky ship, but with some others it has happened to me before. with this Your weapons would be disabled and you could not take damage. This  is only to get out of the way of fire when you spawn.

Again i am new to this game only having played 7 hours so far and these things could be a horrible thing to add to the game.

gegezz

gegezz
  • 21 posts
  • France

cloaking device is a very exciting powerup from the descent series.

I'd like to see it ingame. Though it must be a rare powerup as it's very powerful, maybe in map spots that are hard to get to in one way or another : end of map, hidden tunnel, behind ore, etc. Getting it would also be more exciting this way.

If you want a safe respawn, i think invincibility is better than partial or total invisibility. For several reasons. First being invisible gives you a tactical advantage (good positioning) just for respawning, which is not so fair for the players already on the map and may grant you a safe kill too easily. Also you can still get hit by AOEs, like mega missiles, so one day or another you might end up with the same problem as the one you're mentioning : dying right after respawn without time to react. You might say : why not both at the same time ? I think that would be too much. I also think you might not be able to shoot during respawn invicibility for obvious reasons.

Cheers

Biel1539

Biel1539
  • Backer
  • 20 posts
  • United States
I agree with the idea that the invisibility or cloaking device(thanks for reminding me of the name) should be hidden and difficult to get. For the safe respawn however, the invincibility Is of course obvious over invisibility like you said. They were separate ideas. Invincibility Would prevent you from being able to pick up items, shoot, or take damage(obviously) This is only to get a good position. People will be able to see you and even follow you until your not invisible anymore. i would love to see both in the game.

But what do I know? I only have seven hours of playtime... I love the game though. Soon I will have much more than just seven hours xD

Jobode

Jobode
  • Underground
  • 295 posts
  • Germany
x4

The MapKit already contains a Placeholder for a cloaking device. Probably something is about to come...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users