schedules tournament testing games matches

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

JosheM

JosheM
  • Backer
  • 87 posts
  • United States
Good games indeed. Got to try a few modes I've not played before since I usually only catch a lobby with 2-4 people. With a full-release player base to keep the matches full, I bet there will be much fun to be had doing team tactics and using all kinds of drones.

I found this much more fun than usual since it's not a small anarchy game with 1 or 2 other aces I get smoked by, but instead a wider pool of skill and chaotic enough good players can't control the entire field.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Nice job organizing Defcon, was good fun:)
I got some recordings but there's quite a bit of voice chat in there. If there's anyone who would rather not have their voice on youtube let me know and I won't upload them.

Thank you! It's fine by me. Anyone object? Contact Phyrex. smile.png

By the way, this time did work out okay. 

Should we plan the next Production game for the same time next week? Thursday at 8pm central? Or can there be a more ideal time? Let us know.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

I got some recordings but there's quite a bit of voice chat in there. If there's anyone who would rather not have their voice on youtube let me know and I won't upload them.

Wingman was cool and created a "stream" voice channel. I always feel the same way since most of the time I'm streaming to twitch when I play.

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

I'm going to try Proving Grounds play today at 5pm central. Hopefully see you there!

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Proving Grounds game coming up in 20 minutes for Hot Rock, The Shaft and more ...

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Testing Proving Grounds was interesting and lots of fun with 4 players. Thanks everyone! Production games might end up proving more viable but it was great to try to test things that weren't seeing a lot of testing lately.

We played:

- Hot Rock (a beautiful high concept map!)

- The Shaft Miner Mayhem

- The Shaft "Capture the Core" (switched to Anarchy, probably because Core mechanic is gone)

- another whitebox level whose name escapes me, but which was fun

- Lava Pit of Doomy Doom Anarchy

---

Highlights for me included discovering The Shaft's potential for much larger games, and being able to finally play Hot Rock. Also I think the Lava Shaft is a fun little anarchy level that could use a bit of the old beautification. I would vote that one to be beautified first, if I didn't know about the potential added complication of one little secret area ... wink.png

Although devs know about Hot Rock being buggy and the ball appearing all over after being picked up or moving, I thought it would be worth it to note that players really enjoyed this mode and I think we're all hoping it will be fixed and developed since it is potentially tons of fun. You probably know all the bugs already but I noticed this one and thought it was pretty great:

hot_rock_fun.jpg

Since "Eject Hot Rock" never showed anything but 00/00 I was happy to suddenly notice that the randomly appearing gadget "Drop Hot Rock" showed a reassuring (though slightly confusing) 01/01. I don't think this bug will exist in the game again since Pixley is liable to fusion it to death, so enjoy it while it lasts. biggrin.png

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

To try to be fair to some who didn't like the Thursday 8pm time, let's move the next Production game to this Thursday at 5pm (CST)!

We can shift it around a bit and see which time works best, let's see if folx can show up at that time and how it compares to the 8pm time we did last Thursday. :)

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 334 posts
  • Canada
x12

I'd love to join in sometime... unfortunately my schedule has been somewhat chaotic lately and it doesn't show signs of stopping that any time soon.

Also my laptop is barely good enough to run the game, I can't run discord/teamspeak/mumble/whatever we use along with it cuz it would push my framerates over the edge of unplayable that they're teetering on.

An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

Rock on, guys!

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

@Dunkelza - can we put these on our calendar?

WM

Vyper

Vyper
  • Underground
  • 57 posts
  • United States
x12

Thank You!  This is what I have been asking for, Scheduled Tests. I will be there on Thursday!

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

You are so welcome. I wanted this too. Thank you and everyone for your playtesting with me too.

See you all tomorrow — I'll prep a little before 5pm central. Any requests for a team mode/map?

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Big Game is on! Feel free to join!

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Wee, that was fun!

We had 4 players at a time and Dunk even joined in the action for some truly challenging 2 vs. 2 games. Good games, y'all.

Next week, we will switch back to the evening time frame and see if we can collect a few more.

But until then ... see you tomorrow morning for the play with the Devs? happy.png

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

next schedule:

Back to the Thursday evening time (in the American continents)

Production : Thursday, February 16th @ 8pm CST

Play with Developers* : Friday, February 17th after WMH (~11:30am CST)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Starting multiplayer in Production build in about 15 minutes ... hope to see some of yalls there! :)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Great games! Thanks for hosting inspades!

We played many games, largely anarchy, but some team modes too, and it was a blast. (And inspades has dominated. Whew!)

Doglman

Doglman
  • Backer
  • 23 posts
  • United States

Yup. This was a well done round of 6 or so people. We tested Corporate Wars in Micro Tycho which proved to be a very tight game. Interesting strategies emerged such as placing turrets/mines in the enemy base, or even hanging out by the base to kill incoming opponents as they rushed to deposit ore.

Also did Conquest on BAMM, an interesting match. For BAMM-quest team size seemed a little more important than fighting ability (IMHO) - less skilled players such as myself could still contribute to the team success by taking deserted side capture points while more skilled teammates kept the opposing team occupied.

It seemed like rushing to all other side points was a more successful strategy than fighting hard for a single point. What do you guys think?

OS: Ubuntu 16.04 * CPU: i5-760 * GPU: GTX 750 Ti * RAM: 12GB

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

Great games! Thanks for hosting inspades!

We played many games, largely anarchy, but some team modes too, and it was a blast. (And inspades has dominated. Whew!)

If you want to see me die a bunch, you can check out the twitch video

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122615711

In about a hour or so (varies on how long it takes to process) you can check it out on youtube

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Nice Pudlez, thanks!

It seemed like rushing to all other side points was a more successful strategy than fighting hard for a single point. What do you guys think?

I would agree that is possible. At least, that's how our team operated. With many players to discover us on the sidelines, however, or more teams in the same map could put a crunch on available ore. It will be interesting to see this mode develop but it seems to work well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schedules, tournament, testing, games, matches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users