• 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

big_games_promo.gif

Calling all pilots!

All skill levels!

Let's test multi-player!

Starting February I am going to have a lot more time to test more often than every Friday morning with the Devs. I thought about wanting to test every aspect (every team mode) of the new builds from now on, and since multi-player is the main thing to help with balancing and the hardest to stumble upon, it would be nice to finally just bite the bullet and try to organize big MP games with many players.

Obviously, go easy on newer players and teach them the ropes of each mode.

So I'm just going to be up front and ask for 7 or more (or many more!) folx to organize with me and coordinate our schedules. I'd like to pick at least 20 - 45 minutes each week or every other week that people can sit down with me at the same time and play Team Anarchy, Miner Mayhem, Conquest and other modes where big numbers are key.

Nothing formal or strict. Just, if you are interested in it being a possibility for you, post your available hours at this link, or comment below, and we'll figure out a few more times per month that this could work for a big semi-regular group :

Add your available February hours:

http://whenisgood.net/fp5dfej/

I propose to update this post with the next "Big Game" and invite players (and Devs too) to join in and maximize everyone's time in the newest builds.

---

NEXT "Big Game" SESSIONS*:

Production : Thursday, February 2nd @ 8pm CST  GOOD GAMES!

Play with Developers : Friday, February 3rd after WMH (~11:30am CST)

Proving Grounds : Sunday, February 5th @ 5pm CST

Production : Thursday, February 9th @ 5pm CST

Play with Developers : Friday, February 10th after WMH (~11:30am CST)

Production : Thursday, February 16th @ 8pm CST

Play with Developers : Friday, February 17th after WMH (~11:30am CST)

Production : Thursday, February 23rd @ 8pm CST

Play with Developers : Friday, February 24th after WMH (~11:30am CST)

---

BIG GAMES FEBRUARY IS OVER -- Check out other Big Games!

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

Awesome! We should have a build out to you shortly too.

WM

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

Wow! ROCK ON!

Doglman

Doglman
  • Backer
  • 23 posts
  • United States

When do the devs typically play on Fridays? Its not on the community calendar.

I love this idea!

OS: Ubuntu 16.04 * CPU: i5-760 * GPU: GTX 750 Ti * RAM: 12GB

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

When do the devs typically play on Fridays? Its not on the community calendar.

I love this idea!

Usually after Wingman's Hangar on Fridays between 11:30am and a little after that, central time I think.

Friday would be alright later as well, if we wanted to just stick around and extend the time after a lunch break.

However, I am seeing your Thursday evenings and that would be very favorable for me too. That just leaves about 6 more players. Anyone else game for February Big Games?

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Phyrex

Phyrex
  • Backer
  • 102 posts
  • Netherlands
x2

Friday is the only day of the week that I usually can't make it in the timeslot around wingman's hangarsad.png  Agree it would be cool if people stuck around for longer after WMH though, the couple of times I have been able to make it the games die out as soon as the devs leave. (probably guilty of that myself as well)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

I was hoping we wouldn't have to take people's Friday nights because that sounds potentially maximally conflicty. But if that's what we got, that's what we got so far.

Does Friday after lunch work for you Doglman?

Doglman

Doglman
  • Backer
  • 23 posts
  • United States

I was hoping we wouldn't have to take people's Friday nights because that sounds potentially maximally conflicty. But if that's what we got, that's what we got so far.

Does Friday after lunch work for you Doglman?

Nope. I'm a student and won't be available then. The closest to that time is about 5:00; I've got work also after school. Once in a blue moon maybe 3:30.

OS: Ubuntu 16.04 * CPU: i5-760 * GPU: GTX 750 Ti * RAM: 12GB

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Oofta, it really has been about free time. Even those of us who want to play can't!

Well I could try Thursday evening and check Friday a bit.

I'll still keep this going until we find more folx with time...

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Usually available in evenings EST in Production

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Thank you everyone!!! Alright, nothing is working out as a perfect overlap in the WhenIsGood poll. (Please, if you haven't added your times, do so now! It helps a lot with scheduling)

However, it does look like we are seeing Thursday evenings and weekend afternoons as okay times. So let's try these times for the first week of February:

Production : Thursday, February 2nd @ 8pm CST

Play with Developers* : Friday, February 3rd after WMH (~11:30am CST)

Proving Grounds : Sunday, February 5th @ 5pm CST

If you think these are not good, please let me know and we can adjust. Maybe we will eventually get a feel for when is good. Let's see how it goes, and take note of how many folx show up, and anyway see if something regular starts to form. smile.png

UPDATE: please check first post for current schedule

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Just a little reminder. February starts this week!

4 days until the Thursday session. Make sure to download the latest Production build!

Jobode

Jobode
  • Underground
  • 295 posts
  • Germany
x4

Unfortunately i'm not at home this week but i will try to join in next week!

Thanks for organizing the sessions! Great Project highfive.gif

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

Please keep this thing going! Unfortunately I will be out of town and while I do have a gaming laptop, most hotel's definition of "high speed internet" is vastly different than mine...

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

Phyrex

Phyrex
  • Backer
  • 102 posts
  • Netherlands
x2

I'll try to make it tonight but but 8PM cst is a bit out of my comfort zone for when I have to work the next day (3AM my timetongue.png ). Can't promise I'll be there.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

It's cool, I will try to keep it going anyway. And we might only get 20 minutes in but it could be a really good session that gives us a lot.

Just staying optimistic. :)

JosheM

JosheM
  • Backer
  • 87 posts
  • United States
I will try to drop in as well.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Thursday game is on in 30 minutes ... :)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Great big production game!

We had at least 8 players in team games:

- Mobius Conquest

- Bamm Corporate War

- Micro Tycho Miner Mayhem

- Rama Team Anarchy (very close game at 12+ vs. 12+ victory points in the end)

Then some anarchy in at least:

- Valarchy (new dynamic lighting)

- Labarchy

Some suggestions emerged: biggrin.png

Players would like to see a way to switch teams with a single button in the lobby

Tycho was fun when you could tuck yourself more behind the gratings in the central room

There is a bug Phyrex reported a while back that still isn't fixed: you don't regain trichording after carrying the miner in Miner Mayhem mode.

It could be nice to see who is flying what drone on your own team when viewing the score board

Thank you everyone who participated! Unexpectedly, I will unfortunately have to work tomorrow morning so will have to catch up with y'all on Sunday for the Proving Grounds game. If you don't have Proving Grounds access, do not fear. We will schedule another Production game next week ... see you in the mines ... ph34r.png

Phyrex

Phyrex
  • Backer
  • 102 posts
  • Netherlands
x2

Nice job organizing Defcon, was good fun:)
I got some recordings but there's quite a bit of voice chat in there. If there's anyone who would rather not have their voice on youtube let me know and I won't upload them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schedules, tournament, testing, games, matches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users