Descent 1 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BLAD€

BLAD€
  • Backer
  • 0 posts
  • United States

Since the Steam Network is down today I've been playing the original Descent. If anyone has this installed on their PC give level 19 a try on insane, its quite fun. Select new game, level 19, insane. Starting with no weapons other then a level one laser and using no saves and reloads just using the 3 lives you start with. Destroying all the robots in the mine and rescuing all the hostages makes for a fun challenge. If anyone has tried that on any other level and feel that its harder post it.

Blade

specialsymbol

specialsymbol
  • Backer
  • 17 posts

That sounds interesting! I'll give it a shot during the holidays - but I think I won't make it.

Last time I tried something similar was when I played through the original Privateer campaign using only the Tarsus (it's doable, but it's quite tough and you have to clear the nav points in the Gamma quadrant mission in reverse order - and fleeing the Drone is a matter of reload and luck).

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 354 posts
  • Canada
x12

Are you kidding?  Last time I tried playing the whole game through on insane 19 beat me.  With a full arsenal of lives and everything I could carry from all the previous levels.

I'm not going into that map naked. tongue.png

An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Banditt

Banditt
  • Backer
  • 14 posts
  • United States

Of all the levels to recommend, ouch!  Level 19 is hard enough coming in with stocked with weapons and ammo.  From a cold start it is one of the most brutal levels in the game.

LotharBot

LotharBot
  • Advisory Board
  • 1,407 posts
  • United States

The hardest cold-start levels are 20 and 11 -- 20 because of the distance to the energy center and the nasty bots, 11 because of roaming bots.  19 is in the next difficulty tier.

Come play original Descent! Full version setup instructions or Shareware unzip-and-play
Voice chat on Descent Rangers Mumble server address mumble.descentrangers.com port 31393

PyroGXPilot

PyroGXPilot
  • 2 posts
  • United States

try secret level 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users