• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stormprooter

Stormprooter
  • Underground
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom
x12

I've come back to have a look at D:U after leaving it alone for quite a while. I am a KS backer, so I've been invested in the game since the start.

Anyway, apart from having issues with the DX12 build (which I understand is expermental!) I must say I am impressed with the progress made on the game. I am attending my gaming clan's LAN party in early November, and I will definitely be demonstrating and promoting D:U to become one of our regular games.

Well done all at Descendent (and supporting community) - looking forward to further progress in the months and years to come - I'm especially keen to see the campaign mode as well.

Thanks

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

WOW - fantastic - thank you for the kind words. I will make sure the team sees this...very important stuff.

SP campaign is what we are mostly working on now....well some of us...and new maps, new huds, new bots, new intro, splash screens, map pieces....sigh, so much stuff!!

WM

Stormprooter

Stormprooter
  • Underground
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom
x12

Cool stuff WM - every update just gets better and better!

Thanks

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

Some take longer than we like - usually when we are doing an engine upgrade, we are almost all the way back with 4.13 now, which will allow us to put some movies in for things like "Meet X ship" etc...

Or an intro....among many others things.

WM

Stormprooter

Stormprooter
  • Underground
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom
x12

I am not a games developer, but I am a software developer (line-of-business applications on many platforms) - I get where you are coming from as I understand some of the pain points when deciding to go for a new version of a framework or technology (or game engine in your case) - you get all the really cool new features, which are a must-have, at the expense of potentially breaking lots of code which is stable in the older version - keep pushing forward!

Best wishes

PS - Thanks for the MVP! (just watched Wingman's Hangar) - And I loved the way you played with my forum nym :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users