Photo

New SP Map - Magmacore Munitions Bunker (WIP)

Maps Mods SP Magmacore Level Kit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

I have been working on (yet another) SP map concept, this one is titled "Magmacore Munitions Bunker" and although a work in progress, I have done a lot on the design work for it...

I need to say that there are many textures shown in the screenshots for the map project:  These are the high resolution textures available from descent2.de (at this time they are for illustration purposes only)

The Map is a mostly symmetrical facility, with numerous shafts and weapons caches - I have used Blue Ship Spawns to indicate the human players, and Red Ship Spawns to indicate the locations of the robots, the Keys will appear as Solid Orb Spawns of their respective colors.

First are the full views of the map as it is now:

k8l4tKo.png

From the back

XGqX15B.png

The Side View

YLVwHsV.pngTHe Top View

As an image walk through the Current map:

mdKG68H.pngThe Entrance Room; From the Player's Point of view

CNCCF8f.pngThe next room with some structural pillars, lava pits and a few fans on the ceiling

bsFgRtX.png

Then either down a shaft to many other areas, and the primary blue access doors

opmibeT.png

...Or up another shaft to a large room with a smaller area behind a pair of yellow access doors...

JiUYX0O.png

And up to another large room with a large stone pillar in the center as well as a door to the room with a blue access key...

5wf5YjF.pngThen, Past the primary blue doors, is an area with quad shafts (Currently in progress)

The map also has a few hidden areas with goodies, as well as miners, as well as a few fuel centers

Stats (Current)

6500  Mesh objects

Flat Lighting built in

Robots, Powerups, and other objects

Supports Single Player and Co-Op modes

My Claws must need sharpening...

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

When they populate SP with all the robots, this kind of map will be a loooot of fun. smile.png

Great work!

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

Thanks, Defcon_X, the map is quite similar to the levels for D2X by illusion design such as level 3 of the Obsidian Mission

I will have more screenshots in a day or two when more is complete as well

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

The work continues on the map...

At this time the map has about 15250 meshes.  I have placed the yellow key, and am working towards placing the red key - the core will follow the red key - where there will be a control robot.

Continuing the image walk through from the initial post...

BFmqMSD.png

This shaft will take the player to the main location of the yellow key...

R6TNRBb.png

But first in an area above the yellow key room, there is a plasma cannon as well as several other goodies...

yWXkZls.png

THen into the main yellow key room, which is a large room with the floor completely consisting of magma and a good amount of structual reinforcement...

afJqcS8.png

Then back up to the yellow doors in the upper part of the map where a fusion cannon as well as 2 smart missiles await the player in the bridged off part of a previous area, between two yellow doors...

MIZWIOJ.png

Past the second yellow door, the player enters the next phase of the mine...

staEENd.png

And then to one of two identical areas with 4 lava pits and 3 doors.

That is the end of the work that has been done,,,

More to come in a few days also...

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Looks enormous, akin to some of the largest caverns of D2. I feel like it takes place on a very spacious planet. I wonder what kinds of bots/drones the Devs would imagine in here. Any matcens? ph34r.png

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

Yeah, realistically it is about 2 Km from one end to the other, 

I have not thought about matcens much as I don't know if they will be part of D:U - or if so how they will work.  

I would like to include them in some areas though... Maybe even some nano factories like in Charon

At this time I have planned out the core - on paper- it is the only part I have planned graphically.  I am currently constructing it In the kit now- It is a planned to be 800 meters from the front to back, with several large triangular pillars  

In the core will be several large 'supervisor' (miniboss) mechs and a the 'boss' mech

Splotchie

Splotchie
  • Underground
  • 334 posts
  • Canada
x12

Looking good -- but don't give away everything, I want to get lost! biggrin.png

Just like the good old days...

The map of the map in your first post looks overly symmetrical but from the other pics it looks like you're mixing it up a bit?  I can't really tell.

Using the D2X-XL textures as a shorthand looks like a really good idea.

An unusual choice for ship's cat....
Definitely don't go check out https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Swingarm1032

Swingarm1032
  • Backer
  • 309 posts
  • United States
x3

Splotchie, the map is is symmetrical, but has many secrets, the pictures are just to show the major areas, many small areas also exist in the level (many weapons caches are not shown

I should say that I was going by the designs in the Encounter 2: Dimensions mission from D2X-XL for the symmetry idea, 

Thanks for the feedback, I had also been going for a large arena battle theme (against the bots) with some tunnel transitions

Jobode

Jobode
  • Underground
  • 295 posts
  • Germany
x4

With the size of the map i can imagine it also works well for survival.

Cool these Textures!!

ChrisseZu

ChrisseZu
  • Backer
  • 35 posts
  • Switzerland

As Spolschie mentioned it would be cool to add some asymetrical Elements, especially for sp-map.

But very great work so far!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maps, Mods, SP, Magmacore, Level Kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users