• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

brake thruster - a strong pulse of thrust directed towards your crosshair can help you stop moving instantly, dodge something, deflect a missile, move a mine, or fling someone into a wall

charge - quickly dash forward a short distance where your crosshair is. Can cause ram damage. beefier ships cause more damage and suffer less

slow bubble - slows down everything that passes through -- ships, weapons, and missiles

smoke screen - fills a large space. obscures vision.

Anti-missile system - strikes down an incoming missile. short range, must time the activation or it wont work and will be wasted

one-way wall - a wall that allows movement in only one direction. deploy and shoot through it, and the other guy cant. fades when touched by a ship. does no damage.

item scanner (show all nearby items through walls for a moment)

Tripwire -  (sensor that pings you when enemies are near it)

Emission detector - briefly shows trails of where ships were

Decoy - launch a hologram of your ship in the direction your crosshair is facing. dissapears when it hits a wall. phases through everything else.

Omega Defense drone - drone stays idle until it sees an enemy, then charges and blows itself up. easily shot down. an idle homming missile in a way.

shield capacitor - overcharges your shields by 100 on command. degrades rapidly.

Hull patch - repair your hull (non-team games only)

Xyphon

Xyphon
  • ModeratorMod
  • 321 posts
x2
x2
x2
x2

Lots of fun ideas!

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

a few more:

teleporter - teleport to a random spawn point, ala quake. takes a second to charge

radio tag - a flare-like projectile that shows the location of a ship to all players for a period of time.

static cloud - cloud of charged particles that sap energy as you pass through

caustic gas cloud - bypasses shields and eats hull

engine sapper - shoot a sapper that slows a ship for a period of time on hit

remote mine - a manually detonated mine.

have option to fling gadgets a short distance? (a tap just deploys it, holding and releasing flings it)

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

tow rope - shoot a harpoon that latches onto another player in range. Momement is unaffected until a maximum distance at which point players can tow eachother around. Beefier ships have more power. Think of predators towing a panzer to battle, or keeping a thieving warlock from escaping.

"flashbang" - bright flash of light that forces the drone's camera to darken to near black for a moment while it re-calibrates(like your phones camera in sunlight)

rapid-fire - just like in D3. buff your rate of fire for a period of time.

EMP wave - remove all your shields to turn your drone into a shields-only mega missile.  remove nearby enemies' shields by an amount equal to the shields you had the moment you activated. epicenter of explosion does full damage, edge does half. takes a second to activate with a visual queue.

laser overcharger - for a period of time, renders your ship immobile, but your drones lasers now fire quake-3-lighting-gun-like beams for similar DPS output.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

shield capacitor - overcharges your shields by 100 on command. degrades rapidly.

Something like a "Back Up Battery"

Particularly in D:U it seems energy is coveted. I would like an "energy invulnerability" for 30 seconds like shield invulnerability. You have 30 seconds of infinite energy to unload pain on the mechs before your energy reverts to its original value.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Something like a "Back Up Battery"

Particularly in D:U it seems energy is coveted. I would like an "energy invulnerability" for 30 seconds like shield invulnerability. You have 30 seconds of infinite energy to unload pain on the mechs before your energy reverts to its original value.

Synergizes pretty well with ship specials. I like it.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Thanks! I like your ideas a lot. Come to think of it, the triple-D countermeasure is pretty good at covering some of your ideas: slows/weakens projectiles, slows passage and/or obscuring vision. But I like the idea of some kind of energy drain too. Do you think it would be too much to give the DDD an energy drain feature? Does that make it too powerful? It might be even more useful if it did that in addition to what it already does. tongue.png

I am in love with the hologram idea. That's brilliant. It could function slightly like a guided missile in that it projects forward, you can send it into rooms ahead of you. And from a distance it can look like your ship but up close it has slight flickering or transparency that is only possible up close. Makes sense in the D:U universe too. If they don't exist in lore it must be because they are so effective all the drones had to develop anti-hologram tech.

Also, item scanner (or see through walls in some way, in a very limited way) and teleporter would be tons of fun. Shake things up. What if teleporters were portable, like portal guns, but they were limited to the operations of the mine? So you could capture and move the teleporter and use it, but it was programmed to specifically that mine? And you could gain it from others by blowing them up? Could be the basis for a whole new anarchy mode too. There are only a few teleporters per map, for example.

We should see how the Wasp's turrets work and see how that changes the balance of the game; should be happening soon.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

"monkey-wrench" -  prevent item pickup for a period of time

booster - accelerates everything that passes through, even after it left the bubble. speed bonus degrades quickly outside the bubble, and trajectory is fixed until effect wears off. deploy one, and shoot concs through it for mercury missiles!

blink - teleport a short distance in the direction you are traveling. obstructing walls cause you to teleport just short of it.

"tome of power" (straight from "heretic")
power up your active primary for a period of time. each primary has a different powered-up attack. on-ship weapons glow to communicate power-ed up state

"pocket-invuln" - invulnerable for two seconds, cant shoot anything for four seconds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users