Twin Stick Master Race

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TallonHunteR

TallonHunteR
  • Backer
  • 4 posts
  • Canada

Hey all, i guess im the first D:U player to use twin sticks? if there are others of you out there, please speak up.

I use two t16000m's have all the requisite buttons bound (though items only cycle one way).

technically you can get away without using target, but i still use it to set deadzones on the left stick.

Axis:

Left stick

Y - Forward/Back strafe

X - Left/right strafe

Twist - roll

Right stick

Y- Pitch

X - Yaw

Twist  - Vertical strafe

me demoing the setup (sorry about the low quality presentation, it IS my first video afterall)

would you like to know more? >>

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,929 posts
  • United States

THIS IS AWESOME !!!

Thanks.

WM

LotharBot

LotharBot
  • Advisory Board
  • 1,407 posts
  • United States

I believe Yoshimitsu is a twin-stick user, and [RIP]Rooster uses a stick in one hand and a mouse in the other.  We also have some stick-throttle-pedals users.  Makes us "just a stick" guys look downright boring.

Come play original Descent! Full version setup instructions or Shareware unzip-and-play
Voice chat on Descent Rangers Mumble server address mumble.descentrangers.com port 31393

Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu
  • Backer
  • 200 posts
  • United States
x2

I'm another twinstick flyer. The control scheme threads tend to get buried (I think this is the 5th or 6th).

I put together a handy diagram of my controls for easy sharing.

25091476975_7a9f683490_o.jpg

Note: I have replaced my right hand stick with a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro. The Cyborg Gold died a temporary death. It has been fixed but I discovered that I like the sidewinder much better. The button layout is basically the same so I haven't yet updated my diagram.

Just for fun, here they are. I have them bolted down so that I can really throw them around!

22359597771_53d064b94d_k.jpg

Actively Excited for D:U

TallonHunteR

TallonHunteR
  • Backer
  • 4 posts
  • Canada

you managed to bind the POV Hats without them being read as axis?

Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu
  • Backer
  • 200 posts
  • United States
x2

No, sadly that bug still isn't fixed. Those are my ideal controls and the ones I use for Descent 1 and Descent 2. in D:U The hats simply cycle primary and secondarysad.png

Actively Excited for D:U

Rooster61

Rooster61
  • Backer
  • 156 posts
  • United States

As Lothar said above, I am a stick mouser. You guys have a somewhat similar configuration as my left stick hand, except I have ALL sliding and roll on the stick.

Microsoft PPro (yes, I know it's a right handed stick. The ridge around it actually messed my finger up so I can't fly for awhile :P )

Left Hand Stick:

Accel/Reverse - Stick Y axis
Horiz Slide - Redundancy between left/right on hat and stick X axis
Vert Slide - Up/down on hat
Roll - Buttons to either side of hat
Afterburner - Trigger
Z axis - Unused (I tend to roll when I don't want to when I have it bound to this axis)

Gskill Ripjaw MX780 (yup, you didn't misread that. The company that makes ram of the same name makes a pretty awesome mouse for cheap)

Right Hand Mouse:

Pitch/Yaw - Y/X
Fire Primary - Left mouse
Fire Secondary - Right mouse
Gadgets - Middle mouse
Cycle Primaries - Mouse Wheel

Since my current stick has messed up my finger to the point of not being able to play for a good while, I am probably going to buy another stick soon (the Thrustmaster is looking like a likely candidate) and I may puppy around with a dual stick setup. Prolly won't last though. D3 ruined me to using a mouse to aim :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users