Photo

D:U Stats (Formerly the weapon spreadsheet)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Updated for v2195

TL:DR

• Watch for that fusion! it does 80 damage on a charged and clean hit. (120 in a typhoon!)
  • Smart missile blobs don't home as aggressively, though they still hit just as hard.
  • Concs got buffed to 35 damage on impact, up from 30.
  • The spin attack increases your lasers rate of fire by 50%. Laser bolt damage is unchanged during this.
  • The blast shield applies half of all energy weapon damage to your energy instead of your shields.
  • Took a new approach to recording times, so no time comparison to last patch. It's more accurate, and easier for me to do.

Big thanks to raptur for helping out!

Kamikaze_Wombat

Kamikaze_Wombat
  • Backer
  • 370 posts
  • United States
x2
Haha 220 flares to kill a bot, that sounds like the kind of thing I do when I get really bored.
Cat, get off the keyboard!

PyroJockey

PyroJockey
  • Backer
  • 927 posts
  • United States
x2

Have you gathered any data on the projectile speed and rate of fire for flares?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish

noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.
Posted Image

[font=arial]Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for off-color statements - which will be written in PyroJockey Plum[/font][font=arial].[/font]

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Have you gathered any data on the projectile speed and rate of fire for flares?

6.5 seconds from one side of rama big room to the other.

4 flares a second if you get the rhythm right. The gadget deploy timing is a bit erratic.

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Updated for v2026

• Smart missiles hurt. A lot. Think potentially 9 concussion missiles in your face all at once. Don't get cornered with this flying at you!
  • Plasma cannon got a slight rate of fire and projectile speed buff
  • Most ships got slight speed buffs. Torch and Auger Z-forward speed the most significant of them

Designopotamus

Designopotamus
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 193 posts
  • United States

Updated for v2026

• Smart missiles hurt. A lot. Think potentially 9 concs in your face. Don't get cornered with this flying at you!
  • Plasma cannon got a slight rate of fire and projectile speed buff
  • Most ships got slight speed buffs. Torch and Auger Z-forward speed the most significant of them

1. Yup. They sure do.

2. Not that I know of.

3. There have been no changes recently to ship speeds, either. Maybe these are perception only?

Rob

[REDACTED]

raptur

raptur
  • Underground
  • 485 posts
  • United States
x3
x3
x2

inspades, I doubt you're measuring exactly the same traversal trajectory every time. You might think about measuring traversal durations, say, 5 times and reporting the mean and standard error. This approach will give more robust estimate of ship and shot speed.

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Whoops.

While I did average three samples, if I imagined it, I imagined it. (I blame the beer)

I'll revise shortly.

Thanks!

Flufball

Flufball
  • Underground
  • 378 posts
  • United Kingdom
x13

Has the Torch still got an all powerful mining laser? Or should I start reverting back to the Auger for mining?

wiley1st

wiley1st
  • Underground
  • 23 posts
  • United States
x13

Inspades, I love all the data collected in that spreadsheet. Sure, std deviation would help clarify things but average should be good enough for use in gameplay calculations.

I only have one suggestion: add a section that correlates shot speeds with ship speeds. Currently the shot speed is measured across the full Rama length and ship speeds from the bottom to top of Rama. If you took only one more measurement of one shot speed (say plasma) using the same bottom to top Rama-distance, we could roughly determine the shot speeds and ship speeds on the same metric. 

I'm wanting this to allow us to gauge ship distance based on visual size on-screen and given a particular weapon, primary or secondary, determine how much to lead the shots.

Anyway, the spreadsheet is awesome and you get monster kudos from me for putting it together.

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Inspades, I love all the data collected in that spreadsheet. Sure, std deviation would help clarify things but average should be good enough for use in gameplay calculations.

I only have one suggestion: add a section that correlates shot speeds with ship speeds. Currently the shot speed is measured across the full Rama length and ship speeds from the bottom to top of Rama. If you took only one more measurement of one shot speed (say plasma) using the same bottom to top Rama-distance, we could roughly determine the shot speeds and ship speeds on the same metric. 

I'm wanting this to allow us to gauge ship distance based on visual size on-screen and given a particular weapon, primary or secondary, determine how much to lead the shots.

Anyway, the spreadsheet is awesome and you get monster kudos from me for putting it together.

Revised as you stated.

inspades

inspades
  • Backer
  • 214 posts
  • United States
x4

Updated for v2195

• Watch for that fusion! it does 80 damage on a charged and clean hit. (120 in a typhoon!)
  • Smart missile blobs don't home as aggressively, though they still hit just as hard.
  • Concs got buffed to 35 damage on impact, up from 30.
  • The spin attack increases your lasers rate of fire by 50%. Laser bolt damage is unchanged during this.
  • The blast shield applies half of all energy weapon damage to your energy instead of your shields.
  • Took a new approach to recording times, so no time comparison to last patch. It's more accurate, and easier for me to do.

Big thanks to raptur for helping out!

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,700 posts
  • United States
x2

The new weapon stats are great.  

Great work by the team too on the new balancing.

-Tracy,  Founder, The Tunnel Rats

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users