Photo

The Tunnel Rats – A Casual Descent Underground Player Team / Org (Open to Join)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

The Tunnel Rats – A Casual Descent Underground Player / Org

TR_Logo_Medium.png

Though we don’t have the mechanics in the game yet for team and org play, I wanted to get a jump start and start building a roster of casual players that would like to have a low-commitment team to play DU when future tournaments and skirmishes are a part of the game.

I am looking to add folks that aren’t a part of an existing team or org that want to be a part of a group of like-minded players that want to fly for enjoyment, practice together, and maybe find a little glory too when team play is implemented.  New players are most certainly welcome, and I would like to see a mix of folks of different skill levels too, so we can all grow together as a cohesive team.  The name of the game is fun and building friendships.

Since all of this is preliminary, and we will have to shape the whole structure of the team to meet the requirements of the final game, I would like to leave an open invite to anyone that is interested to see how this organically forms.  Once the details of how team play will work, we can all confer on how best to structure the team based on both the rules of the game and the needs of the players.  As the structure forms, I will also develop and supply an org / team website, and if needed forum (hopefully we can have team forums right here on the DS board).

So, for those of you that want to be a Tunnel Rat, post here and tell us a little about yourself. 

If you don't know what a Tunnel Rat is,  check out the tough-as-nails history of the term here.

-Tracy, Founder, The Tunnel Rats

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

[font=arial]Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in [/font][font=arial]Moderator Blue[/font][font=arial].[/font]

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

FYI... It's FREE to join..   tongue.png  biggrin.png

The Current Roster of those Interested (12):

Void Stalker

PyroJockey

Elevenfifty5

JosheM

RubyRose

WarclawThunderHammer

Xyphon

JosheM

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Toxifera

Yencli

D2Disciple

Play Times:

Instead of a single dedicated day and time to meet up and practice, and until we can get our own server, we have several practice windows open on the public general game server for everyone to meet up and play.  To accommodate as many people as possible, here are a couple of target play times for us to try to make.  

All are optional.

Saturdays at  1pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT - For 2 Hours
Mondays at  6pm PST / 8pm CST /  9pm EST / 2am (Tuesday) GMT - For 1 Hour
Thursdays at  7pm PST / 9pm CST /  10pm EST / 3am (Friday) GMT - For 1 Hour

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

[font=arial]Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in [/font][font=arial]Moderator Blue[/font][font=arial].[/font]

PyroJockey

PyroJockey
  • Backer
  • 1,330 posts
  • United States
x2

I'd be interested in some casual play in a team based dynamic. 

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish

noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.
jgrs60.jpg

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for off-color statements - which will be written in PyroJockey Plum.

elevenfifty5

elevenfifty5
  • Backer
  • 32 posts

I'm totally down and ready for clans/guilds/corps/tagged-teams. I do hope it can be implemented in a way that supersedes just adding a tag to your name. IE: something join-able that you inherit tags/etc.. from.

JosheM

JosheM
  • Backer
  • 87 posts
  • United States
I'm interested as well. I've not played as much DU lately, but having an org to provide more incentive and familiar faces may help with that. I like the name and logo!

I'm a moderate skill player. Definitely no noob, but still go 1:20 against D1 pros. Casual fits the amount of time in the evenings I have to play. Keep us posted on further details.

PyroJockey

PyroJockey
  • Backer
  • 1,330 posts
  • United States
x2

I am looking to add folks that aren’t a part of an existing team or org that want to be a part of a group of like-minded players that want to fly for enjoyment, practice together, and maybe find a little glory too when team play is implemented.  New players are most certainly welcome, and I would like to see a mix of folks of different skill levels too, so we can all grow together as a cohesive team.  The name of the game is fun and building friendships.

The mission statement reminds me of Dedmeat's Team [NuB] from Descent 3.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish

noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.
jgrs60.jpg

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for off-color statements - which will be written in PyroJockey Plum.

Rooster61

Rooster61
  • Backer
  • 156 posts
  • United States

I was a [NuB] once upon a time. Good group of pilots, that. I wonder how Deadmeat is doing these days.

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

I'd be interested in some casual play in a team based dynamic. 

Excellent!  Welcome Aboard! :)

I am really excited about having a chance at some group play myself. The ability to get some folks together for a true team effort on CTC, TA, etc, will make the game so much funner too. 

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

I'm totally down and ready for clans/guilds/corps/tagged-teams. I do hope it can be implemented in a way that supersedes just adding a tag to your name. IE: something join-able that you inherit tags/etc.. from.

Excellent!

I am hopeful that they make the team/guild/clan/org a piece of metadata for your account like you suggest. Having space for a logo instead of just a text tag in your name is a really important part of this I think too. Hopefully the DS team will give us that too.

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

I'm interested as well. I've not played as much DU lately, but having an org to provide more incentive and familiar faces may help with that. I like the name and logo!

I'm a moderate skill player. Definitely no noob, but still go 1:20 against D1 pros. Casual fits the amount of time in the evenings I have to play. Keep us posted on further details.

Thanks man!  Welcome Aboard!

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

Interesting,  I missed out on that era of team play for the most part, just playing some solo MP D3 games here and there.

WarclawThunderHammer

WarclawThunderHammer
  • Backer
  • 60 posts
  • United States

I'm game - I haven't been playing D:U much, but I would like to have some people I know to play with when the game evolves some more! 

Laptop: Acer Aspire V15 V3 - i5 2.2 GHz, 8 GB ram, Nvidia 840M, Crucial SSD

Desktop: Asus M5A97 R2.0 Mainboard, AMD FX-4100 quad @ 3.6 GHz, 8 GB ram, Radeon HD7850

Xyphon

Xyphon
  • ModeratorMod
  • 323 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x2
x2

Tunnel rats rule!

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

Hey Wow!  Thank you for the MVP!  As Xyphon put it,  "Tunnel Rats Rule!"

:D

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

Casual? Low-commitment? I'm interested but just how casual and low-commitment is this organization?

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

Casual? Low-commitment? I'm interested but just how casual and low-commitment is this organization?

Until we see what the requirements are for tournaments and team play, it's hard to say on the commitment.  However, my intention is to make this as low-stress as possible for the members with the intention to setup practice, hangouts, and play in a way that you can come and play as you please.   The more members, the easier it is to do that too.

JosheM

JosheM
  • Backer
  • 87 posts
  • United States
Tunnel Rat MVP! Way to take initiative, Void.

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

Tunnel Rat MVP! Way to take initiative, Void.

Very welcome JosheM!  And welcome to the team!  

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Backer
  • 346 posts
  • Netherlands
x2

Hmm Mind if the Jedi Falcon Novaraptor would join? xD This sounds so epic xD

Giaz, the name too xD It has logic! \o/ \o/ \o/

I'll send an S.O.S. to the world

I'll send an S.O.S. to the world..

I hope that someone gets my..

Message in a Missile

Holder Of The World's Largest Descent / Freespace Collection:
Posted Image
Descent Is The Best Thing That Happened To You PC Since Floppy Drives!

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,706 posts
  • United States
x2

Hmm Mind if the Jedi Falcon Novaraptor would join? xD This sounds so epic xD

Giaz, the name too xD It has logic! \o/ \o/ \o/

I'll send an S.O.S. to the world

I'll send an S.O.S. to the world..

Message in a Missile

We would LOVE to have you onboard Obi-Wan!  

(Now.. would that be a Sting Missile?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users