Khrull

Khrull
  • Underground
  • 186 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x2

How do you have your controller mapped?  Post your set up in this thread.  This can help others with their set up and also the developers can use it as a reference if they want for 'premade' templates.  Here's the set up for my CH Combatstick.  This controller doesn't have a 'twist', but it's a quality stick.

km7cjFr.jpg

Paradox

Paradox
  • Backer
  • 87 posts
  • United States

Great idea for a thread.  Control schemes used to be a frequently discussed topic back in the D1/D2 days, especially with older keyboards with chording issues.  The pilots I used to fly with used some widely varying control schemes to work around issues like that, and to make sure they had enough free fingers to actually do everything. 

My control schemes are a bit different than most because I play most games with a left-hand speedpad and use the thumb D-Pad for X/Y axis movement.  I strongly recommend to anyone with a device like this (Nostromo / G13 / Tartarys / Orbweaver) that you try this out.  It takes a little getting used to, but quickly feels natural and frees up a lot of keys/fingers for other actions. I've also found that creating slide key layouts that are arranged "like arrow keys" helps to map the four-directional sliding into your head-space (on my current setup I even have redundant L/R slide bindings to make this possible). 

For people playing with keyboards, I also posted a picture showing the keybinds I used to use in Descent before I had a speedpad in case anyone wants to compare notes.

IMnRuGs.jpg

CO2uVuy.jpg

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

Cool! Good idea!

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Now that joysticks (and multiple joysticks! Great work Pixley!) have started working in Linux, I've been having a lot of fun playing with different arrangements.

Here is the one I've settled on for the time being. I'm flying joystick only this way, though I may go back to keyboard+joystick because of the nice availability of keys. I am modifying the image by Paradox since I also use a TM16k and with some similarities. Though I am not sure if this kinda arrangement is for everyone, this one works for me for now.

IMn_Ru_Gs_defconx.jpg

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users