Photo

Coolest Descent: Underground Streams & Videos?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Gabinator

Gabinator
  • Backer
  • 8 posts
  • Canada

Here's a video of me playing anarchy in the new Rama map. 

4:06 Thanks Uriel...

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,730 posts
  • United States

I love the freeze frame with the sunglasses!

PuDLeZ

PuDLeZ
  • Underground
  • 294 posts
  • United States

I was expecting "thug life" there for a moment :)
You guys put me to shame, haven't really edited anything in like 15 years and I can't do commentary like korrupt...

In a mine somewhere going pew pew pew and sometimes boom!

ad free 1080 vids at https://www.youtube....r/pudelz/videos

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pudlez

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

Oops, uploaded another video Monday but forgot to upload it. Here's my third D:U video!

It may be a while before I upload another one of these though. I've still got my Amnesia series going, and there's some other games I'd like to play and series I'd like to start. I'll definitely try to get at least one in before the end of the year, but with only uploading three videos a week I'm a bit limited. Still, I feel no need to burn through my entire library of games any faster than I have to, and with school I can't really do much more than this.

Also, has there been any consideration for an "Agent Of The Underground" forum medal/award? I do realize this is practically me asking for another medal to stick on my account, but I figured I'd bring it up anyways.

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Nice! Fun! Is that on your new machine? It looks good!

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

Nice! Fun! Is that on your new machine? It looks good!

No, I still haven't built my new machine. That's on my laptop. (Assuming you were talking to me.)

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,450 posts
  • United States
x12
x4

Yes I was! Hey, it looks good already. Your new machine should be even better! Wow!

Sorry, i don't mean to derail. I hope to post a D:U video here too some day soon. : ) : ) : )

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Korrupt

Korrupt
  • Backer
  • 53 posts

Made a new video with an 'interesting' style of commentary.  Don't know if I'll stick with it or not, we'll see. 

raptur

raptur
  • Underground
  • 485 posts
  • United States
x3
x3
x2

Haha! Korrupt, at 5:00 when you were waiting in your trap, I was waiting in a trap as well. I saw you had both tunnels blocked with laser grids and knew you'd be waiting for me coming down the third tunnel, so I dropped those mines (that you crashed into at 5:55) both to wear you down and let me know when you were coming (you can hear me lay the mines at 4:14). While you were camped in the corner, I was camped right outside the door you go through at 6:00, flat against the wall so you wouldn't see me when you came through. I was all ready with homers and quad 4s. After a minute, I knew the lasergrids were gone, and you must be waiting for me in that room you were in.

Korrupt

Korrupt
  • Backer
  • 53 posts

Hahaha, that's awesome!  There were quite a few times that we were obviously thinking the same thing 

raptur

raptur
  • Underground
  • 485 posts
  • United States
x3
x3
x2

I've started recording and uploading videos here. Right now there's a 4-player anarchy match and a couple 1v1s with Vainiac.

Star Machinist

Star Machinist
  • Backer
  • 157 posts
  • United States

Recorded this match with devs earlier today. Didn't have my mic on while recording, but I figured I'd share it anyway just for the pure gameplay aspect. I'm having a lot of fun with the latest build. :)

See You Underground

Also unfortunately called: 

- Star Masochist (thanks Wingman)

- Star Misogynist (thanks Plaidhatter)

- Star Machicolation (thanks dunkelza)

CDN_Merlin

CDN_Merlin
  • Backer
  • 154 posts

Korrupt, How do you get your HUD to be so minimal?

Beta tested:
Game Stock Car 2012, Diablo 3, Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2, Settlers IV,Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command, MAX 2, Defiance

ASUS Z170-P, Core I7-6700K, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GF GTX970 OC 4GB GDDR5,
Crucial 16GB (2x8) 2133MHz DDR4,  Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD, Western Digital Black 1 TB, ASUS DVD Burner, ASUS 27" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 Mid-Tower Case Black, Thermaltake ToughPower Gold 750 Watt Power Supply, Win 10 64Bit

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

I had the same thing. It's a bug caused by changing the color of the HUD with "H" (or whatever you've rebound it to). If it isn't the default color, it won't show up when you respawn or start a new game. You also lack the indicator letting you know if you're using your tool or not though.

CDN_Merlin

CDN_Merlin
  • Backer
  • 154 posts

Damn, I find the HUD so awkward.  The HUD in D2 or D3 is better to me.  The minimal HUD in D3 is great.

Beta tested:
Game Stock Car 2012, Diablo 3, Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2, Settlers IV,Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command, MAX 2, Defiance

ASUS Z170-P, Core I7-6700K, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler, Gigabyte GF GTX970 OC 4GB GDDR5,
Crucial 16GB (2x8) 2133MHz DDR4,  Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD, Western Digital Black 1 TB, ASUS DVD Burner, ASUS 27" Monitor, Fractal Design Define R5 Mid-Tower Case Black, Thermaltake ToughPower Gold 750 Watt Power Supply, Win 10 64Bit

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

Damn, I find the HUD so awkward.  The HUD in D2 or D3 is better to me.  The minimal HUD in D3 is great.

Well when the HUD is finally working, you'll be able to edit a .ini to get the exact color (including opacity) that you want. And the colors for your normal HUD and the flashing tool indicator are different, so hypothetically speaking, you'd be able to have a main HUD color with opacity 0%, and an indicator with opacity 80% or something, to get a minimal kind of look.

Just currently, any attempt to change the HUD makes them both disappear.

CDN_Merlin

CDN_Merlin
  • Backer
  • 154 posts

Sweet.

Beta tested:

Korrupt

Korrupt
  • Backer
  • 53 posts

Oh, I didn't even do it on purpose.  Never even noticed actually.   I just figured when you asked the question that it might have been my resolution.   Never knew about a bug.  Now I'll have to compare my hud to others to see the difference. 

Skeletonbane

Skeletonbane
  • Backer
  • 332 posts
  • United States
x2

I've finally begun recording again on my new computer, and to showcase what it can do, a new D:U video! Though this is kind of a selective sample, because I actually had the far greatest increase to performance switching from my laptop to computer with this game more than any other. Enjoy though!  :)

Uriel

Uriel
  • Underground
  • 23 posts
  • Canada

Great video, Skeletonbane and the commentary was very entertaining.

There is something about the predator that makes me want to paint eyelashes and big red lips on its face.

n away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run away run awa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users