In order to participate, you will need to download the installer from your client area:
Click on the "Descent: Underground" tab and "Redeem" one of your game packages to get a download link:
MAKE SURE THE PACKAGE YOU REDEEM IS THE ONE YOU WANT TO KEEP!
Redeemed packages are locked to your account and become ungiftable.
If your game package included the Proving Grounds reward, you should be credited with one
complimentary year of membership to The Underground at the same time.
Download the installer.
Run the installer. You should be able to run the installer on Windows. The launcher may need to be "Run As Administrator" to work, but if you are not logged in as that administrator account, the shortcuts may appear on that account instead.
Run "Descent Underground" (which is the Launcher)
- Log in with your DS web site username and password (and Google Two-Factor Authentication if you enabled it)
- If you are launching the game from a third-party client like Steam, you will usually not need to log in, so this window will probably not appear. Instead, a message will display letting you know that we are logging you in using the third-party system.
- If asked for environment:
- Proving Grounds is our Pre-Alpha test environment, access is limited to backers at (or above) the Boxed Out tier & Undergrounders
- Alpha is limited to backers with Alpha Access and Undergrounders.
- Beta is limited to backers with Beta Access and Undergrounders.
- Production is available to all persons with a redeemed game package.
Please note that if the environments to which you have access are not active,
they will not show up as available and the game will not download.
If you're running for the first time or a new version is available for the environment chosen, the most recent version will be downloaded.
Click "Start" if you don't need to change any of the defaults.
Click "Quick Match" to start a game. Quickmatch is the only matchmaking mode in this version. More detailed options are planned.
Testing environments like Proving Grounds have a relatively small number of players, so you may have long wait times for matches.
We recommend voice chatting on the DS Official Unofficial Teamspeak server when
playing or looking to set up a game.