Okay I have an entry below. It's not what I'd have submitted if I had more weeks, but oh well.
- Not all the angles, sorry.
- Wanted to go with a tough driller bot. Capable of taking hard knocks from floating rocks or an attack from enemies pretty well, but not speedy or able to hit back with great force. Four mining laser would be the intended armament.
- I had ideas of the four side pods (armaments) being quite mobile with various configurations available, unfortunately not put into art so trying to explain so would be confusing or long-winded.
This is another image below of some continued work on the above. Above is too generic, not very much like a bot. I needed to change the shape a bit before I took it anywhere else.
- It's about 3.5 meters I think, not small and not huge.
- Although a squarish design, it's not suppose to be as much so as above. The front was intended to have curved and circular elements here.
- Could have a singular HAL-9000-esque eye on the front of the drone, or more classic 'evil frowning eyes' on each side of the front. Didn't get that far.
- Those three small triangles at the top of each side of the rear could open as hatches, letting it do stuff like deploy a smoke screen, vent fire while mining, or some other fun things.
- Yes I took the side pods off to work on the hull alone, but every intention to put them back on later (they needed more detail too). Ran out of time.
Edited by Custard, 14 June 2015 - 10:22 PM.