Photo

GREAT CHAT ROOM CREATION: Tumbleweed Bot!!!

New Robot Lore Player Creations

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Blarney77

Blarney77
  • Backer
  • 27 posts
  • United States

Hey!!  We were just in chat and had this brainstorming idea!!!  Check this out... NEW BOT IDEA!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dunkelzaCM We need a tumbleweed icon...

9:10 dunkelzaCM Nah, what we really need is some more people.

Blarney77 Hello! I'm "more people"!! ;-)

Blarney77 but I'm starting to see those tumbleweeds already!!

9:15 Xyphon Look out! Its Tumblezilla!

Blarney77 I know... they should make a "Tumbleweed" bot for the game....

Xyphon Instead of seeds it drops proximity bombs

Blarney77 Oh.. That's sick... I love it!!

Whiteshark Not a bad idea!

Blarney77 okay Xyphon... Document this chat.. we should get credit!!

Xyphon Hard to do on a cell phone

Blarney77 it just randomly wanders through the map dropping bombs...

Whiteshark I'll ask Louhi to create one Can someone here draw?

Blarney77 it's just like a random series of crystals... all thin and long.. kinda light blue and criss-crossing randomly... it

slowly spins as it travels!!

I'll try to photoshop one... No good with 3dS or I'd make one there...

Spherical series of crystals in a random bundle... would look really cool and it would break into smaller 

"tumbleweeds" if you run into it and they would ALL drop bombs for a bit before breaking into nothingness....

Is that descriptive enough??

9:20 dunkelzaCM Howdy Blarney!

Whiteshark     Yeah, and It was originally used for scorched earth tactic by poor miners who got heisted by big

companies with licenses to buy asteroids!   So make it look cheap, tumbleweedly

dunkelzaCM      Hehe    Well, to be fair, it was Mango that first mentioned tumbleweeds.

MangoMon     :D . Got the idea from previous posts :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, great minds getting together in the chat room letting ideas flow....   But I think the idea is good that this is something left behind my disgruntled miners that were chased out of "their" finds and wanted revenge. 

These things would simply be "non-Aggressive" wanderers that play havoc with mining operations.  They wander occasionally dropping mines (of different types??)   and get in the way.  If you hit one hard enough they break into several smaller "tumbleweedlets"?  Each one now drops mines (less damaging?) and they last for a period of time before finally breaking up into nothing themselves... but maybe they do last a while to be much more aggravating.   

PVP use... shoot one to leave a wall of tumbleweeds in the way of a pursuer?   The smaller ones also blow up and do damage if you hit them.

I am envisioning something not so much "mechanical" but crystalline shards, long and thin, in a "ball" of crystals in a random "ball" gyrating and turning slowly as they move, maybe even glinting light off the crystals.   The smaller once could be less dense and more jagged.  They all drop mines but the smaller ones do minor damage when hit, BUT, they also blow your ship away from the contact point in a random direction, possibly into MORE small Tumbleweeds with a possible "Chain-Reaction" effect that COULD be deadly!

I really think this could be a great addition to some areas of the game... maybe a "Mining Hazard"??  Lotta fun on a good PVP map for really creating havoc!!

So... WHADDAYATHINK Guys??   Is it something you might want to add to the game??  ;)   :)   :D   B)    :P

Blarney77....  former D1/D2 level creator!!

Whiteshark

Whiteshark
  • Backer
  • 527 posts
  • Finland
x2

http://budwin.net/in...t/d1robots.html Check out the last one - split pod. This could be the mother of those things!

Wouldn't it be easier to read if this was on Comic Sans?

Blarney77

Blarney77
  • Backer
  • 27 posts
  • United States

This is going to have awesome graphics, you are thinking old-school... think bigger, more graphical detail, more "WOW" factor!!   Will post my idea of the thing later.  I have a detailed description in my head, now to just create it trying to use a polygon-type thought as I make it.  going into new ground for this one.  Need to get a good 3-D renderer....  My old 3DS wont run on this Windows... hahaha

Blarney77

Blarney77

Blarney77
  • Backer
  • 27 posts
  • United States

okay.. Here is MY Idea of the Tumbleweed!!   This is just a quick Photoshop creation, but I think it gets the idea across!!

Tumbleweed.jpg

Blarney77

Blarney77
  • Backer
  • 27 posts
  • United States

Or There is this one with a landscape for effect...    What Do You Think??

Tumbleweed_Landscape_1920.jpg

Whiteshark

Whiteshark
  • Backer
  • 527 posts
  • Finland
x2

ajQHRLS.png And here is my interpretation

It should look like a bare bot, with some random pipes bent and bundled into a spiky shield! 

Wouldn't it be easier to read if this was on Comic Sans?

LotharBot

LotharBot
  • Advisory Board
  • 1,407 posts
  • United States

http://en.memory-alp...vatar_(episode)

Come play original Descent! Full version setup instructions or Shareware unzip-and-play
Voice chat on Descent Rangers Mumble server address mumble.descentrangers.com port 31393

defcon_x

defcon_x
  • Underground
  • 1,492 posts
  • United States
x4

It sounds good but quasi-invincible. As long as it doesn't take over the gameplay like Thiefbot seemingly dominated areas, it could be fun.

If it's like Asteroids and takes too long to clear it from a level, I fear it could feel like purgatory. Unless you are talking about making it just one level dedicated to this enemy.

LINUX OS: MINT 17.X • DESKTOP: CINNAMON 2.X • CPU: i3 • RAM: 8GB • GPU: GTX960 • Thrustmaster T16000M • HELP DE-BUG D:U!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Robot, Lore, Player Creations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users