Photo

Pledge concerns (and how I can also volunteer)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Schala

Schala
  • Backer
  • 70 posts
  • United States

I want to go for the $25 plege because I feel it's the most suitable and affordable to me (I'm not a beta fan when it comes to games). However, in regards to 'Special Thanks', I want to enter my pseudonym for first/last name in the billing info if that's allowed. It may not even be legal as far as I know, hence my concern. I suffer from what I call "Mr. Deeds syndrome", in ref. to the Adam Sandler film -- preferring my nickname over my real one because frankly I don't like it.

As for how I can volunteer, I am a 3D modeler and you can see my work for yourself in the "bot design" and "mercury missile" topics in the respective threads. It'd be killer to have my work featured in something as big as this game and it'd really help in terms of possible employment -- a bonus aside from my portfolio, no doubt. I'd like to be able to say "Descent: Underground is what really jump started my career and I can't thank the guys at Descendent Studios enough for helping it with its major first step"

elfindreams

elfindreams
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 427 posts
  • United States
x36

We have added a field to the user profile for this purposes.  If you go to edit your profile, you can find it at the bottom listed as "Name for Credits".

For the billing, put in your legal name just to be safe™.

Unless I reply in moderator blue or developer orange, I am replying as a fan and not in any official capacity.
"At exactly which point do you start to realize that life without knowledge is death in disguise?" - Talib Kweli

Schala

Schala
  • Backer
  • 70 posts
  • United States

Much appreciated! How would you say my competency as a 3D modeler is though in regards to volunteering?

OBWANDO

OBWANDO
  • Advisory Board
  • 2 posts
  • United States

[dev]

We have added a field to the user profile for this purposes.  If you go to edit your profile, you can find it at the bottom listed as "Name for Credits".

[/dev]

I looked on my account, and it doesn't show the field, yet I did receive an email about my kickstarter pledge (Omnipotent one) being linked to my account.

I also cant seem to get into "The Underground and The Design Advisory Board" sections.

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 3,007 posts
  • United States

I looked on my account, and it doesn't show the field, yet I did receive an email about my kickstarter pledge (Omnipotent one) being linked to my account.

I also cant seem to get into "The Underground and The Design Advisory Board" sections.

I asked around and right now the plan for Advisory Board at this point is to get the AB folks into the AB forum around the time of the first AB meeting.  So, hopefully it will be starting later this month if all goes well.

elfindreams

elfindreams
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 427 posts
  • United States
x36

The setting should be there, if you go to your profile and then select "edit my profile" it should show up near the bottom.

The Design Advisory board group didn't exist until today and I only finished the attribution for it later in the day.  I just checked your account and you do have the right group.  The forum is not open yet.  I believe the intent is, like Keith said, to open the forum closer to the AB meeting.

RE: The underground, I do not see that you got the underground at all either as a Kickstarter addon or through the store.  If I am mistaken, please log a support ticket and we can look closer for you.  The "omnipotent one" level did not include it, only the backer boss and six degrees levels had perpetual underground access included.

To log a ticket, either click contact us at the bottom of the page or go here: http://descendentstu...ort&section=new

Thank you for your support!

Unless I reply in moderator blue or developer orange, I am replying as a fan and not in any official capacity.
"At exactly which point do you start to realize that life without knowledge is death in disguise?" - Talib Kweli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users