Photo

Ok, So I'm Slightly Obsessed With the Orange Bar...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Jaxley

Jaxley
  • Backer
  • 414 posts
  • United States

Maybe it's because I still haven't left Kickstarter mode. Maybe I just like watching bars getting filled. I don't know - but I find myself checking in several times a day to see if it went up. Yup! There's another .25% haha :lol: Torch is on the way!

Seriously though, I need help <_<

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

SeaWyrm

SeaWyrm
  • Backer
  • 150 posts
  • United States

My advice: Play some Progress Quest until the urge to watch bars fill up is satisfied. ;)

Check out my science fiction/humor series on Patreon:

Doomsday Comet and the Twelve Moons of Beledde IV

ShoGun

ShoGun
  • Underground
  • 548 posts
  • United States
x2
x24

Maybe it's because I still haven't left Kickstarter mode. Maybe I just like watching bars getting filled. I don't know - but I find myself checking in several times a day to see if it went up. Yup! There's another %.25 haha :lol: Torch is on the way!

Not just you. I've looked a few time each day the last few. 

Not gonna see me coming not gonna hear a sound......

skuripanda

skuripanda
  • Underground
  • 553 posts
x24

Unless I post in the official moderator blue, I'm just another fan posting my own thoughts, and my posts should not be taken as official in any capacity.

Posted Image

Khrull

Khrull
  • Underground
  • 186 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x2

I'm hooked too.  I think the next Wingman's hangar is going to get things going off the charts.  A lot of people are interested in the project, they saw it got funded, and they just need to see that Descent lives on beyond the Kickstarter campaign.  When they see the next Wingman's hangar, relaxed, fun, and talking about the future, a lot of people are going to join the party.  

I think one of the keys while the development team is getting ramped up is to highlight the community's involvement in the Wingman Hangar's shows, from Jaxley's awesome banners, to some of the amazing concept ships.  I'd also solicit fan made videos and highlight those.  

One thing they should address soon is the level design.  Wingman mentioned in the Heartland talk that they designed big levels because the initial release will be focused on mutli-player so you need a big level, so it didn't quite look like the Descent we were used to when it was a single player game.  So providing some clarification on that would be helpful for people who didn't see that talk.  

But ultimately, with user created maps, I have a feeling the public is going to hone in on what makes the 'funnest' map of all and the developers were pick up on what the people are playing and incorporate that into the game.  When you have developers who see the public as a contributing asset, you're going to get a fantastic game.  I can't wait!  

Veratil

Veratil
  • Underground
  • 134 posts
  • United States
x24

My advice: Play some Progress Quest until the urge to watch bars fill up is satisfied. ;)

lol watching this thing I'm just like "what the hell"

Mardoch

Mardoch
  • Backer
  • 18 posts
  • United States

Whoever conceived that is a bloody genius!

Pumo

Pumo
  • Backer
  • 89 posts
  • Mexico

And strangely enough, Progress Quest is kind of entertaining and fun.

It makes me feel weird, lol :lol: :P

SeaWyrm

SeaWyrm
  • Backer
  • 150 posts
  • United States

Everyone with an interest in game design should play Progress Quest, in my opinion.

Check out my science fiction/humor series on Patreon:

Doomsday Comet and the Twelve Moons of Beledde IV

Jaxley

Jaxley
  • Backer
  • 414 posts
  • United States

So I did this for about five minutes. I'm not sure what I did, or what exactly happened... but I did it... :unsure:

Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,692 posts
  • United States
x2

More importantly..  when those bars fill up to 100%, are we going to get a "letter from the chairman" from Wingman? 

-Tracy,  Founder, The Tunnel Rats

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

elfindreams

elfindreams
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 424 posts
  • United States
x36

Letter for the chairman feels too brookstone and not enough beer garden... how about Woohoo from the Wingman?

Unless I reply in moderator blue or developer orange, I am replying as a fan and not in any official capacity.
"At exactly which point do you start to realize that life without knowledge is death in disguise?" - Talib Kweli

dunkelza

dunkelza
  • Community ManagerCM
  • 2,597 posts
  • United States

Letter for the chairman feels too brookstone and not enough beer garden... how about Woohoo from the Wingman?

"Woo-Hoo! from the Wingman"?

I like it! :)

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,692 posts
  • United States
x2

That sounds really awesome!  

Every letter could start with "Woo-Hoo!" 

"Just remember this - it is amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." -Wingman

Note: Everything I post is as a fan of Descent: Underground except for official statements - which will be written in Moderator Blue.

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,692 posts
  • United States
x2

Maybe it's because I still haven't left Kickstarter mode. Maybe I just like watching bars getting filled. I don't know - but I find myself checking in several times a day to see if it went up. Yup! There's another .25% haha :lol: Torch is on the way!

BTW Jaxley, when you said orange bar.. I thought this;

bars_OrangeandCream-500x500.png

Jaxley

Jaxley
  • Backer
  • 414 posts
  • United States

BTW Jaxley, when you said orange bar.. I thought this;

bars_OrangeandCream-500x500.png

Mmmmm... Orange bar...

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,692 posts
  • United States
x2

Mmmmm... Orange bar...

Best use of Oranges since the Screwdriver.

Jaxley

Jaxley
  • Backer
  • 414 posts
  • United States

Best use of Oranges since the Screwdriver.

Considering my dislike for vodka, I think I'd still rather take the orange bar! :lol:

Void Stalker

Void Stalker
  • ModeratorMod
  • 1,692 posts
  • United States
x2

Considering my dislike for vodka, I think I'd still rather take the orange bar! :lol:

I think you can still get a hangover from those orange bars... or at least..  brain freeze.

Dao Jones

Dao Jones
  • Backer
  • 19 posts
  • United States

I'm a trifle disappointed that the Torch leapfrogged the Warlock in the unlocks hierarchy, given that the Warlock was sold as part of a pledge package.

Given that the Warlock was essentially the tipping point for me buying the Collector package, I'm obviously biased. I'm hopeful that it'll make it into the game before the game becomes a thing; if it doesn't, and I'm stuck with a Torch instead of the ship that got me to drop $170, I'm going to regret not just going with one of the sub-$100 packages instead.

So I suppose I'm watching the orange bar as well, albeit for fairly selfish reasons. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users