Win an AMD 290 video card - referal contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,930 posts
  • United States

Hey everyone, we are coming up on the last couple of days of the campaign, and as an incentive we are going to be giving away some AMD 290 video cards.

R9-290X-3_4.jpg

We will tabulate the results and the top 3 NEW referers will win a card and we will hand them out after the campaign.

The way it will work is that any new sign up beyond the backer number that is in the Kickstarter campaign as of this post will count. Anyone that drops and rebacks will not count - we will check !

When your friends back (for at minimum a game package) they will need to send an email with who referred them to:

contest@descendentstudios.com

Email should contain:

Subject: Referal Contest

To: contest@descendentstudios.com

Message: I (backer #<number1>) was referred by email address of whom referred them

And if you have been rooting for us since the beginning - have the folks you referred email us their backer number. One card each will go to the top TWO referrers overall - regardless of when they backed us on Kickstarter!

Additionally, each of the top THREE referrers who build our support from this point on will also receive AMD 290 Video cards!

Thanks,

WM

PS. AMD shipped 290s, so we had to adjust the title - still a bad to the bone free card !

jonny80

jonny80
  • Backer
  • 30 posts
  • Norway

Maybe a description of what the email should contain would make things easier for both you and the new backers? Here's an proposal:

Subject: Referal Contest

To: contest@descendentstudios.com

Message: I (backer #<number1>) was referred by backer #<number2>.

Where <number1> is the Kickstarter backer number of the new backer, and <number2> is the Kickstarter backer number of the person who referred the new backer. Or do you need Kickstarter names or email addresses?

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,930 posts
  • United States

Thanks Jonny80 updated.

WM

Killbuni

Killbuni
  • Backer
  • 24 posts

I've been trying but all my misrable friends don't like Kickstarter things ;(

Anyways goodluck all that are in with a shout great prize will repost on social media were I can to promote anyways  ;)

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,930 posts
  • United States

I've been trying but all my misrable friends don't like Kickstarter things ;(

Anyways goodluck all that are in with a shout great prize will repost on social media were I can to promote anyways  ;)

Tell them it is simply prebuying the game and it is 50% off if they do that.

WM

Gorath

Gorath
  • Backer
  • 4 posts

Great idea, Wingman!  I'll get the word out. I need one of those AMD cards... 

Crankor

Crankor
  • Backer
  • 121 posts
  • United States

=o

SGT-Craig

SGT-Craig
  • Underground
  • 193 posts
  • United States
x12

HOW TO FIND YOUR BACKER NUMBER.

1. Log into Kickstarter.
2. Pledge $$$ to Descent Underground.
3. Then on the top right click the down gray arrow by your profile icon. This will show your backed projects.
4. Click the gray view all button at the bottom of the list of projects you have backed.
5. A new screen opens up, Find Descent Underground and on the right side click the blue plus sign.
6. Once you click it a new screen opens and at the top you will find your pledge # 

7. Prepare for Funding Dance

Pumo

Pumo
  • Backer
  • 89 posts
  • Mexico

That's such a nice post SGT-Craig, lol :lol:

If you don't mind, I will copy and paste it on my Facebook status to see if can gather some more pledgers among my friends with your pretty interesting step-by-step guide ;)

ShoGun

ShoGun
  • Underground
  • 550 posts
  • United States
x2
x24

posted mine up and out. hopefully some actually do the steps correctly.  ;)

Not gonna see me coming not gonna hear a sound......

Miggy

Miggy
  • Backer
  • 66 posts
  • United Kingdom

Mmm this is tricky as it was a post from Eric someplace (maybe the CIG forums?) that put me onto the game so in that case I refer Eric! :lol:

Keeping The Faith In Eric & The Team Since 2015 B)

Also, Keeping The Faith In Pioneer Since 2010 :)

Groundhound

Groundhound
  • Underground
  • 232 posts
  • United States
x2
x2
x24
x2

Wingman, important question. For those of us who used a different email address on Kickstarter than on Descendent Studios, which one should the referred person use to identify their referrer?

As an example, I used email address ALPHA on Kickstarter, but email address BETA on Descendent Studios. Should someone I refer designate me by address ALPHA, or address BETA?

Thanks for running this contest, hopefully it provides an incentive for current backers to reach out even more! :)

VicToMeyeZR

VicToMeyeZR
  • Backer
  • 116 posts

Thanks for this Eric.. Alas, I don't have a lot of gamer friends.  :(  I try anyways.  

Good luck everyone, and good job so far

Posted Image

Mickey1

Mickey1
  • Backer
  • 90 posts
  • United States

I just sent a tweet to Elon Musk with a link. SpaceX Descent Underground. That's the ticket.

Ice Bones

Ice Bones
  • Backer
  • 8 posts

I've been posting to FB and twitter, but as no one there has my e-mail.  I guess I'm SOL on the contest, but I'll keep sharing and hoping we make it.

DU+Sig500.jpg

ShoGun

ShoGun
  • Underground
  • 550 posts
  • United States
x2
x24

I've been posting to FB and twitter, but as no one there has my e-mail.  I guess I'm SOL on the contest, but I'll keep sharing and hoping we make it.

Same here but hopefully some come through so it helps the project.

Not gonna see me coming not gonna hear a sound......

Rags

Rags
  • 73 posts

I claim all backers from the new pitch video. You guys have taken my pureness message to heart. Now I hope you follow through. Good work :)

LotharBot

LotharBot
  • Advisory Board
  • 1,407 posts
  • United States

I actually described my video idea in chat the other day -- with the whole "1995... D1 footage.  blah blah blah... the wait is over... new game footage!" and that's exactly the formula they followed.  So I claim at least half credit ;)

Come play original Descent! Full version setup instructions or Shareware unzip-and-play
Voice chat on Descent Rangers Mumble server address mumble.descentrangers.com port 31393

Wingman

Wingman
  • Game DeveloperDev
  • 1,930 posts
  • United States

We had that cooking from the beginning.

WM

Renegade-Shank

Renegade-Shank
  • Backer
  • 928 posts
  • United States
Even though I had nothing to do with it I claim full credit.

JK

Great job on everything and good luck to those who are entered for the card.

:)
Remember, no matter what community you come from outside of this one, we are all part of this community and in this together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users