Week In Review (2/5/2016)
Some interesting doings last week. The team participated in a panel at PAX South 2016. The panel was about indie game development. Our panel was at 8:30 Friday night. Given that time slot on a Friday night, we expected a small turnout. However, much to our delight, the room was packed (about 500 people). If you haven't already, you can see the video of the panel below.
What else happened in the last two weeks?
- The Shaman went live in the Proving Grounds. There were some bugs -- they're fixed now -- and will go back to the Proving Grounds next week. For those of you not familiar with the Shaman, this ship has some restorative abilities. It is currently capable of repairing the hull, although shield restoration is probably going to be in the mix as well. When we're happy with it, it will go to production.
- The Frag Cannon was also added to the Proving Grounds last week.
- Several UI fixes to be released next week.
- Some awesome feature designs as well (Tech Trees, Economy, and more). In fact, the next Design Underground will be all about the Tech Trees.
- In furtherance of the role based nature of DU, we've started implementing mining!!
- A new defensive gadget. Currently being called the Discombobulating Diffusion Defense -- Triple D? Look for this in the Proving Grounds next week.
- We also have some new levels (developed by the community) currently in internal testing. We are planning on putting these in the Proving Grounds next week. Keep in mind these are gray box levels, so final art is still to come.
How about Wingman's Hangar (with Rob):
Indie PAX Panel:
Have a great weekend.