Week In Review (9/25/2015)
In preparation for our upcoming Proving Grounds, Alphas, Beta, and Steam release, we've entered (for the most part) bug fix and polish mode. This means lots more playtesting here in the office and getting more and more of you into the game as well.
Some key points of interest this week:
- All ships and weapons are and have been going through balance passes. This will likely continue for some time and, indeed, we'll be looking for feedback from ya'll, of course.
- Huge progress towards getting out first phase of matchmaking in. The backend processes are ready and now we're hooking the game up. We're shooting for early (maybe Monday) next week. This is, of course, key to us releasing the game to the Proving Grounds and beyond.
- A bunch of new sound effects are now in and hooked up. We'll be looking to balance the SFX in the next few days.
- Initial steps towards and AI system were started this week.
- A brand new trailer is being worked on. The story has been developed and we start putting it together next week. There will be lots of gameplay footage in this one.
This week's Wingman's Hangar was... "special". Have a look -- if you dare.
I know lots of you enjoy our weekly studio snapshot, so here it is:
This week, we have a new video for you. We've started to livestream our playtest sessions. There will be a regularly scheduled livestream of these (to be announced soon), but, just in case you can't watch it live, you'll be able to check in with this blog each week to see the recorded version.
Stay tuned for some big announcements in the very near future.